Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

G60 Owners. What tyre pressures work for you ?

Hi All,

Standard G60 Tyre pressure is... 36Back/41Front... I personally think after 5 years of driving it thats a bit high, especially on the fronts.

What do you run with / find good for handling / tyre wear etc-etc ?

I know this topic has been covered a few times but not with alot of opinions, if you own a G60 please please add your input to the thread.

Vbr, Chris.

i go with 40 all round, mainly because im lazy and cant be bothered with pumping them up all the while.

ill admit they should be a bit lower though, so there is some give in the walls. makes the handling less skittish.

id assume for optimum youd be looking around 32 maybe a tad less on the rear, only my opinion though.

I run what the sticker in the doorpost tells me.. 2.8bar in the front, 2.5 in the back. (Or roughly 40/36psi.)

That's on 215/40/16's.

Been using this for over a year now - even on track days - and been working well for me.. I follow ze instructions! :hitler:

Can't really tell anything about tyre wear, etc, as I've been running the last months with totally wrong camber = no front tyres left.. :shrug:

what would you put in 205/40/17 i put 30psi :shrug:

depends what youre trying to achieve boss.

my method is 10 psi under max to allow for heat, but as stated this is because im lazy.

what would you put in 205/40/17 i put 30psi :shrug:

depends what youre trying to achieve boss.

my method is 10 psi under max to allow for heat, but as stated this is because im lazy.

Im sure VW allowed for heat anyway...

I usually go with 32 front and back!

Not sure why,think someone said to run them at that { 195-55-15}

Roads here in ireland are s**t,if i run anything like 36-38 ide end up in a ditch if i hit a pothole :(

What should i be running?? I want her smooth on the road and the tyre to last :)