Sign in to follow this  
rolex

speaker ideas??

Right the set up will be, 10"ported subs x2, amp, alpine head unit (45watts 4amp) + front co axil (all in one speakers) door speakers...........

But which ones? £100 budget, is that enough?

An alpine hu will probably cost you more than £100 :lol: unless you buy a second hand one

You can pick most of the other parts from the 'bay for less than that, i got a 10" sub for £25 and a 300w amp for £10.20 (of which £7 for delivery)

sorry peeps you misunderstand, :lol: i have all the above but am looking for co axil front speakers with a budget of a £100 could go abit more if need be,,

sorry peeps you misunderstand, :lol: i have all the above but am looking for co axil front speakers with a budget of a £100 could go abit more if need be,,

:lol: Thought u were being a bit optimistic :lol:

What's the point in running two subs and only coax up front?

Surely if you're looking for decent sound you're going to want comps... especially to get some decent treble in to balance out all that bass!?

Surely if you're looking for decent sound you're going to want comps... especially to get some decent treble in to balance out all that bass!?

Only reason the 2subs is thats what ive got(was going to make a box and put one sub in, and just run that-which i still might do)

Just cos i got the 2 subs doesnt mean im going to have them turned fully up going BOOM BOOM BOOM down the road.

I think mariojoshi is trying to make the point here that you could easily fit a set of comps in the doors and dash locations, which will sound better than just having coaxials in the doors. As for speakers, I've always found JBL very hard to beat for sound v. cost, £100 will get you a good set of comps such as:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-p560c.html

The problem however is the stock doorpods aren't great and will only take a 5.25" speaker, but I see you're after audioscapes so that'll be remedied at some point! When I got my audioscapes, I bought another set of comps the same except with the 6.5" midbass, swapped them and sold the 5.25" versions on.

If you're willing to buy second hand, there are definitely bargains to be had, have a look on Talk Audio Forums

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=59

Sorry my other post wasnt meant to sound arsey. Do you have any suggestions what i should go for?

tweets in dash(where speaker grills are) and comp 6.5 in the doors.

i was looking for audioscape door pods but will try making my own.

:)

Well like I say, JBL are hard to beat at the cheap end of the market, if you can stretch your budget further, I'd be looking at the likes of Rainbow, DLS, Focal or Genesis Profiles. Crossovers can be hidden in the dash or behind the kickpanels in the footwells (if you don't have ABS) and the stock dash tweeters can be used to make mounts for the comps tweeters, thus keeping them hidden under the grilles. Don't forget to budget for decent power cables for the power run to the boot, and some speaker cable for the comps.