Sign in to follow this  
Jim

So.. bought a Corrado!

One of the things that pushed me into buying the car was simply how complete it was.

I mean everyone thinks at some point about how they could modify the car in some way to make it slightly better, and as many of you know i've never been a fan of changing the Corrado bodywork, only stuff like the alloys are the kinds of things that would be changed by me.

But this car has had pretty much everything done to it that I could imagine, including a great looking stereo system (which isn't too OTT), leathers, all the engine mods you could ever want, a Magnex zorst... so I am pretty sure there are no more mods which i'll ever want to have done on this car, so just keeping it running in as good a condition as it is right now is my only goal! :)

Nice one Jim - welcome to the "forced induction" club.. :lol: :lol:

Sorry to see you gone over to the dark side :D :o :wink:

Seriuosly, congrats Jim, hope you'll both be very happy together.... sounds like an awesome Corrado...

Does this car win the "owned by most Forum Members" prize then, 3 so far... ???

Well as you know I had been more on the look out for a VR6, but I did say all along that if the right example of any version came along, i'd be interested.

This car just seemed too nice to pass up, so... plus it is putting out equivilant power to the VR6, so should I ever need the power its going to be there.

As for an award.. yes, this has to be the first car to be owned by 3 seperate forum members!! :)

mate well done you picked a great car to own

Pity you gone to g60's :roll: lol only kidding guys before you all shot me :lol:

anyway like you said just keep it going and trust me keep away from body mods there more than head aches dont i know it :cry:

One of the things that pushed me into buying the car was simply how complete it was.

I mean everyone thinks at some point about how they could modify the car in some way to make it slightly better, and as many of you know i've never been a fan of changing the Corrado bodywork, only stuff like the alloys are the kinds of things that would be changed by me.

But this car has had pretty much everything done to it that I could imagine, including a great looking stereo system (which isn't too OTT), leathers, all the engine mods you could ever want, a Magnex zorst... so I am pretty sure there are no more mods which i'll ever want to have done on this car, so just keeping it running in as good a condition as it is right now is my only goal!

LOL How many times have we heard that before now? :lol:

Well as you know I had been more on the look out for a VR6, but I did say all along that if the right example of any version came along, i'd be interested.

This car just seemed too nice to pass up, so... plus it is putting out equivilant power to the VR6, so should I ever need the power its going to be there.

The best bit is you will get the same power and save a fortune in petrol :!: :lol:

The G60 is far more economical than the VR6,as I should know :lol:

All the best with the new car,maybe I should get one now :!: :!: :lol:

Same here, well done Jim, now we'll just have to have a quick Cov meetup when you've got yours, mate, gotta show those plebs here in Cov. what REAL cars look like 8)

Tempest

You'll have to change your forum name :? But well done! You'll love the G60 if you loved the 16v. Used to bring ear splitting grins to my face :lol:

Yeah my forum name will be changing...

Brookescourt - that car is a beauty, and is a total credit to the time and money you have put into it. I have reassured lee that it is going to good home, and that I will be looking after it!! :)

Looking forward to parking up with everyone else at the AGM and not feeling like a plum! :D

Well not bothered about economy that much.

I don't do that many miles.. though if the car is as anjoyable as I hope it might be, that may change :D

Same here, my C is a weekend toy as I commute to work on grotty trains :x

So you didn't find an Ice Grey example then :wink:

Glad to have you back in a Corrado....... I must admit, you're loyalty to the marque and out little community has been astounding, despite having a different car 8)

Just goes to show what a bunch of good people we are, eh?

K

I know I'm late, but well done matey!!! :D Sounds like a superb mota- worth the long wait! Completely jealous.... :cry:

Really really pleased for ya :D

Kev - Well there is still no other car that interests me as much as the Corrado - and one of the things that made me determined to come back (apart from the car itself) is the community behind it.. it had to be another Corrado really. And its a shame it isn't Ice Grey (I think my favourite colour now), but the pearl green looks terrific :)

Andy - I'm obviously chuffed to bits. So now its your turn.. I hope you are gonna come up to some shows / CCGB events and so on, even though you are no longer a Corrado owner!! :)

Jim, I'll try to make it to CCGB day in the summer, although I will probably have to save face by parking away from you Corrado boys :wink: . Can't wait to see your new baby- you'll have to take me for a spin! :twisted: Gonna be a very busy year for me though- married in May, hopefully moving in the summer and starting a new job in September!

Totally feel the same as you about the C- no other car interests me as much and as you say, the community is excellent! :) Honda Revolutions is pretty good too, but is a little too big and impersonal compared to the forum and Yahoo group.

I'd like to get another G60 in a few years, just as a weekend car 8) We'll have to wait and see....