RedRado

Winters over - first shot of Red Rado

End of May 11 and it's still with me - will try to put up some pics from today when I figure out the new system.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

What do you use to clean the arches? That's amazing!!

Pat, Stan's right, just soap and water followed by a bit of meguairs gold class - thanks for the comment, the car is a slow work of progress.

Cheers Matt, good to meet you too and have a good chin wag - look forward to catching up at Tatton if not before.

Can't believe it, I had the car MOT'd today and I have only done 700 miles in the year! I've got to ask myself whether it's worth keeping it? Still gives me something to polish when I want to get away from the 3 ladies in my house so might be worth keeping it just for that !

If its only done 700 miles it could explain why ive not seen it kicking about around Preston. I do love a red rado.

Mines only really been out to go to shows and a few trips out on nice days.

Cheers Steve, saw yours at Tatton looking sweet but due to late planning left mine in car park. Still managed to catch up with Gareth, James and Kip while I was looking around with my daughter Emily.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave, you need some new pics up ;)

Though I ought to post some pictures before RedRado goes to bed for winter so here goes.

Edited by RedRado
finger trouble!

On the one decent day we've had so far I thought I'd take the plunge and do the front suspension and clean up under the arches.

After and before shots - what a difference!

Edited by RedRado

On the one decent day we've had so far I thought I'd take the plunge and do the front suspension and clean up under the arches.

After and before shots - what a difference!

Andy - it's catching, such a 90s colour too!!

I was only discussing the virtues of red, whilst nursing a pint in the public house on Sunday.

Over the past couple of years, I've started to appreciate red again. 1990's all cars are red, 2000's they're all silver. Now they're all going Essex white. Every time I see a red Corrado, it reminds me of all the press pack bumf and magazine articles. Which I like.

There needs to be custodians of the Model at some point. Rather than the mainstream M/N reg VR6 choice. And for that I raise my glass to you. Please don't ever change it.

Kudos Dave

James - thanks for your kind words. I know most people prefer later cars, especially VR6s but for what I paid and the condition/mileage of my early 16V I'll be keeping it for a while. It might lack the outright grunt of the VR6 but it's perhaps a little more nimble being lighter at the front.

Regards, Dave

---------- Post added at 5:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:25 PM ----------

pm sent your way

Oh no, the slippery red slope!!!

Looking good as ever, and definitely dont knock the 4 cylinder cars, they actually handle better in my opinion. Certainly with standard suspension anyways :)

Keep up the good work ;)

Thanks Kip - still some way off the cleanliness of your Nugget but I'm getting there very steadily. Its a marathon, not a sprint!

Cheers, Dave.

As Kip will agree, it's a slow burn Dave. Bit at a time. Good powder coaters in Chorley if you need their details. They've done all my work.

I love the handling of the 4 cylinder cars as well. More than my VR, through the twisty stuff.

James, don't mind that its slow as I don't have as much time on my hands now I'm 'grown up'! Details of powder coaters would be good when you've got time.

Thanks, Dave

It is a good thing that some people are keeping clean examples of the 4 cylinder versions on the road. I have to say that whilst I adore the chunkier stance of the VR6 with the slightly wider track and bulge bonnet, there's something undeniably pure and clean about a nice early 16v in something like Tornado Red, on a standard set of sebrings. It's subtle differences that non-Corrado owners wouldn't notice but I think they do look really different and I like them both for different reasons :)

I agree Jim. In a similar way, where I like the early AC Ace bodied Cobras, rather than the later swollen versions.

Powder coaters website:

http://www.northwestpowdercoating.co.uk/contact.html

Seems everytime I go there, there's someone new in charge ( tall chap called John last time ) Thankfully doesn't alter the excellent pricing, service and quality.

May be up there in a week or so anyway.