Donjon

Donjon's classic green storm. Return from yorkshire...

Got some standard shocks from gsf today, perhaps i can finaly do those top mount now!

Good move, matey. Take it one step at a time. I can honestly say that there is more pleasure to be gained taking it easy and planning your purchases, so you buy only the best kit when you can afford it, and can appreciate each little modification in turn. If you rush to buy/fit it all, you won't be able to tell what the best mod was..

KWs are excellent coilovers. I have V1s on my C since Aug 2007 and the ride is great. If you decide you can afford the more expensive ones, then you get what you pay for. Just don't waste money skimping on decent suspension by being tempted by the cheaper end of the market; and make sure you get stainless steel bodied coilies as well, or else risk the adjuster rings seizing within 12-24 months unless really well looked after.

I also had a set of RH ZW1s for about 12-18 months and loved them - in fact I still do! They are a heavy wheel and will slightly dull handling (make tramlining slightly worse too) but don't let that put you off them. They are lovely wheels - worth holding out for a good set too.

HTH. Good luck with your car, and welcome to 'Rado ownership...

Certainly agree with that although sometimes opportunities present themselves and you just have to go for it! Attend lots of meets and the ideas multiply pretty fast - avoid meeting Charlie too often :wink:

This looks a good car and look forward to seeing it progress - are you at Stonor next week?

Top mounts are wrong! They are for a non vr! Damn more expense, will try and get a refund from venom but if i cant top mounts for a non vr for sale!

Got some top mounts from gsf and a nsf outer cv boot whilst i was at it as mine is split. Hopefully i can getthe struts back on now. Will also be picking up a 288mm brake kit tonight as my calipers are sticking.

Top mounts now all fitted along with the new shocks. Going to try and free off the stock caliper rather than fit the 288 kit. It will give me a chance to give the calipers a good clean and possibly paint them (black,blue or red?) before they go on properly. Also gave it a good wash and waxed it with autoglym HD wax looks quite presentable now. Roll on saturday! :D

Had to fit a new caliper as mine was seized solid! Just need to bleed the system and i am good to go. Cant wait until saturday now will be different coming from a 1.4 polo!

Aaaaarrgh! Nothing is ever straightforward with this car! Just come to bleed the brakes when i noticed that the bleed nipple on the other caliper is rounded off and rusted in! Seriously WTF is corrado owership always like this?

Got the tax today and took it out for a spin! God these make a good noise!!! Only a few niggles have cropt up firstly the tracking is way out as it pulls to the left quite badly and the clutch doesnt feel to great, i think it is also running a bit too hot around 110 all the time. Apart from that it is on the road!!! Yaayy! :D

Got the tax today and took it out for a spin! God these make a good noise!!! Only a few niggles have cropt up firstly the tracking is way out as it pulls to the left quite badly and the clutch doesnt feel to great, i think it is also running a bit too hot around 110 all the time. Apart from that it is on the road!!! Yaayy! :D

Just read your thread and glad you have got it back on the round now fella......although you probably realise I thought I would mention that unless your gauge is buggered, 110 is defo a bit too hot.

Happy driving though.

Dont really know what the overheating issue could be tbh all the fans come on and it doesnt really creep up it just sits there around 110 in all traffic.

Dont really know what the overheating issue could be tbh all the fans come on and it doesnt really creep up it just sits there around 110 in all traffic.

Well it could be your gauge giving a duff reading but if I were you I would defo start looking into this......dont mean to put a dampener on proceedings as you are obviously enjoying it at the moment, it would just be a shame if you have bigger problems later on by ignoring temps now !!

Someone on here should be able to give you better advise than me on where to start looking though :)

looks very nice mate, you drive to work as Ive never seen you around? Will have to try and pop by into TCH and find you to say hi

Yep i have been driving it to work since last monday. I go to lunch at 1 till 2 so feel free to pop by then if you want. I would like to see your corrado!

Yep i have been driving it to work since last monday. I go to lunch at 1 till 2 so feel free to pop by then if you want. I would like to see your corrado!

ill try and pop in next week, only thing is my lunch is 12-1pm

Think i have found out what my overheating issue is! The fans dont come on until about 105 degrees. Am i right in thinking that this is stage 3? So it looks as though stage 1 and 2 are broken. Just need to go about fixing it now :?

i think speeds 1 and 2 are controlled by the thermostat temp sensor, 3rd is off the rad sensor. im sure someone here will know for sure

Just fitted a bmc cda intake! Sounds the nuts when you give it some but quiet when you don't! Fantastic bit of kit :D also replaced a 5amp fuse in the little black box beside the header tank as it had blown, anyone know what it does?

Oh and has anyone near me got vagcom? Dont mean to sound cheeky but could i plug the corrado in and see whats up with these temp sensors!

Just fitted a bmc cda intake! Sounds the nuts when you give it some but quiet when you don't! Fantastic bit of kit :D also replaced a 5amp fuse in the little black box beside the header tank as it had blown, anyone know what it does?

Thats the fan control relay by the sounds of things, could be part of your problem.

Replacing the fuse did nothing, might have a dodgy fan? The weird thing is though it stage 1 and 2 wont kick in when the engine is on and it keeps getting hotter untill stage 3 comes on, but if you turn off the ignition even if stage 3 hasnt kicked in yet the fans start up on stage 1 or 2!

Might be worth checking the fuse hasn't blown again if there is no difference. Maybe there us something causing it to blow.

Take the fan control relay off and shake it around, quite possible the diodes have fallen off the pcb board..

img0568pe.th.jpg

img0569tc.th.jpg

These are the pics i took when i had the relay box of i cant see anything wrong! Note that i have removed the 5amp fuse in the pics!