Sign in to follow this  
gengt_boy

mk3 golf front suspension, is is the same as corrado??

I think the short answer is no, but if you could elaborate on which model of corrado i think that would help. Id assume that a 1.8 16v would the same as a mk2 golf 16v, but im guessing. The corrado is a bit of a "missing link" between mk2 and mk3 golf evolution, from what ive seen.. :shrug:

hi all, just wondered if anyone knows if a mk3 golf has the same front suspension setup as a corrado?

regards lee

Late model corrados have the same set up as mk3 gti's. Spring rates differ form 1.8/2.0 and the vr6

i dont know for sure on early C's.

my car is a 93 2.0 16v, i have seen some uprated bushes and topmounts but they are for a mk3 golf, i just wanted to know if they would fit. cheers

my car is a 93 2.0 16v, i have seen some uprated bushes and topmounts but they are for a mk3 golf, i just wanted to know if they would fit. cheers

most on here will agree that the best top mounts are mk3 vr6 ones, they can be fitted to all, they are longer lasting than pattern parts and made of a more dense compound than the ones for the valvers

most on here will agree that the best top mounts are mk3 vr6 ones, they can be fitted to all, they are longer lasting than pattern parts and made of a more dense compound than the ones for the valvers

thanks mate, should the bushes fit too??

If you're going to fit the VR6 top mounts to a 16V or G60 you must also fit the VR6 or mk3 top spring platform as is different. The bearing in the VR6 top mount doesn't work with the 16V or G60 top spring platform.

Yep - as above to use the separate bearing setup you must use the flat top upper spring plates - this is why coilovers require the later top mounts.