Sign in to follow this  
rexzobados

how do i find out what colour my corrado is?

is there anyway to find out what colour my corrado is? I've looked in the boot but there isn't a sticker or paint code anywhere. My friend who has one looked and he said its been removed. Any ideas? I need to know for the respray thanks

As far as I remember, it's also on the orange bar-coded panel on the inside of the right hand (uk drivers side) inner wing, just behind the air-box...

post up a pic... we'll probably be able to tell you what colour it is from a photo and knowing what year the car is... ;)

its a 91 16v. So far i've been told its aqua blue, inca blue or midnight blue. Its got a blue green purple colour depending on how the light hits it. Sorry about the picture its the only one i have on my phone but hope it helps.

Call your local VW dealer and give them the reg. They'll have it on the computer from when it left the factory.

[strike:2sohg55v]that looks like a late body car, not a 91... has it had a front end on it at some point?[/strike:2sohg55v] ignore that comment, it's not easy to tell from that photo, but I just spotted the multi-slat grill and the swage line on the bumper that doesn't fade out....

Anyway, Inca Blue isn't a pearl like you described, so I'd say it's most likely Aqua blue, as it's not dark enough for Midnight but difficult to tell from that photo...

look at the sticker inside the boot. normally sort of behind where the vw badge sits, or just under the boot carpet.

4 digit code normally. like mine is ly3d. then stick it in google and it will tell you.

Well I've spoken to VW now and they gave me the code R5R560 and the german Blau Perl Effekt so am I right in guessing its a blue pearl effect C5Z or LCU5? Sorry for all the questions Its getting resprayed and don't want to lose the colour

i found my paint code sticker on the inside of the front drivers side wing :confused4: might be easier to see as i have a bmc instead of airbox

look at the sticker inside the boot. normally sort of behind where the vw badge sits, or just under the boot carpet.

4 digit code normally. like mine is ly3d. then stick it in google and it will tell you.

Yep, that's where I'd check. it's normally an orangey/white coloured sticker

R5R560 is what was written on the inside of my wing so I'm still confused!

Yeah, you need the 4 digit code. Did you find the sticker in the boot? Inside of the back panel.

Think I've got it, it actually says its a Blau Perl Effekt and the code is LC5Z. Never heard if it before and its not on the other colour charts I've seen for my year (1991)

Think I've got it, it actually says its a Blau Perl Effekt and the code is LC5Z. Never heard if it before and its not on the other colour charts I've seen for my year (1991)

That'll be Blue Pearl Effect then :lol: 1990 colour

Looks the same colour as my blue pearl 16v - LC5U is the colour code. The blue green tinge sounds about right.

Doh I can't even get my own paint code right :epicfail:

LC5U is Aqua Blue Pearl, the other is just Blue Pearl... ;) Slightly different colours with slightly different pearl effects...