alip_corrado

White Speedlines

Sorry fellas, just heard back from the guy on the other forum and the service isn't available at the moment :( but should only be temporarily as he is in the middle of re-locating. As soon as I hear if it is available again I will let you know.

Is the chap based in the south coast (Sussex / Hampshire)? My speedlines could do with a re-furb at some point.....

Ta!

Is the chap based in the south coast (Sussex / Hampshire)? My speedlines could do with a re-furb at some point.....

Ta!

I will ask him and let you know.

IMG_1006.jpg

Needs a good clean! The centre caps won't be silver for much longer, will be sprayed white to match.

Noticed a MASSIVE positive difference in the way the car accelerated, turned and stopped - doesn't feel quite as planted however.

I think I may drop her a little lower as plenty of room since those 17s came off. If anyone with speedlines has suggestions for floor to arch height, please let me know.

All comments welcome.

Sorry chap, I think I prefer them in silver :D At the end of the day though, they're original speedlines so you can't really go wrong, except if they're pink maybe!

Noticed a MASSIVE positive difference in the way the car accelerated, turned and stopped - doesn't feel quite as planted however.

I think I may drop her a little lower as plenty of room since those 17s came off. If anyone with speedlines has suggestions for floor to arch height, please let me know.

I wouldn't go much lower than that tbh. The car is already physically lower just by swapping to smaller wheels, so you need to keep the suspension travel reasonable for comfort and decent handling on B roads :D

Yeah you will get a noticable change in character dropping back to 15s. It is actually just as planted, but because you've restored the factory scrub radius and fitted taller sidewall tyres, it just feels a little different through the steering wheel.

I've gone back to 15s myself recently after 5 years of 17s and I'm liking it at the moment. It's every bit as planted as it was on 17s, but it just feels more agile and effortless, despite the 17s and brakes being lighter than the factory items!

It might just be the tyres, but it doesn't tramline half as much either, but with such a big offset on the wheels, it makes sense that would reduce. That is after all the kind of thing OEs spend so much time and money on reducing :D

I know what you're saying about the silver and I defintely wouldn't go for pink :camp: . I'm hoping to help the huge contrast between the Blue and white with some other white bits (not too many) such as a roll cage and maybe some clear side repeaters.

I think I will just have to experiment with the KWs and see what works for me - not to worried about comfort as will be taking it to the track next year I hope (hence the cage).

I'm with you on the 15s, steering feels much lighter (perhaps giving me impression of being less planted?), car feels more agile and doesn't tramline like the 17s do. Definitely as positive move IMO. Tyres are much cheaper to! :D

Which 15s do you run at the moment? I may consider getting some wider (15 x 7) wheels at some point or possibly wheels spacers. Not sure about the spacers as I know they get some bad press :shrug: . What are your thoughts?

Sorry for delayed response, I'll get some more pics up soon.

On a unrelated matter - I once met someone from oxford with the nick name Poll!

Maybe it was me? What's your name?

Lol that's quite funny. I only met you once or twice I think so you may not remember me. I hung around with Gary, Glen Bridges an that lot from Andover. Probably saw each other at barend in winchester fairly often but i did ride Oxford wooden park once or twice. Do you still ride? I've seen Lima in ride mag a few times within the last year or so.

My effort of imitating the vwms style shifter. Hopefully should get round to fitting within the next month or so...

d810d7b3.jpg

1b9a3db1.jpg

1c3a3bb4.jpg

9b63c86b.jpg

1b486705.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

The wheels after the center caps were sprayed white and the car had a good clean:

7bcce002.jpg

440a8a21.jpg

impressive engineering skills with the shifter! Do like the wheels too, although i'm not the worlds biggest fan of speedies, tbh.