Sign in to follow this  
pookyvr6

S3 or R32?

I wouldn't pay attention to anything TG say..... Tiff Needell yes, but those two Clowns (VBH & JC), no.

For a proper and impartial view of the R32, get a back issue of Evo magazine and read the full feature.

Evo and Autocar the only two magazines worth buying.

Evo has R32 as its favourite hot hatch/luxury sports hatch and there bias is definately towards driving 1st.

Autocar has it second behind Focus RS but as you probably all know if you live anywhere above birmingham the LSD makes it rather interesting on bumpy roads.

The Audi is DEFINATELY not set up to be drivers car and has completely different chassis to R32 as far as I am aware.

OK. Decided. A Diamond Black R32 it is then. Just to find the right one now. Seem to be paying around £21k for a 12 month old car. Going to see one tomorrow.

Purchase will be followed shortly by a trip to AMD to get a bit more grunt. I thank you.

Lets hope the insurance works out then......

Good choice. One thing the s3 lacks is character & I think it should have had a 280bhp v6 from the box for 28k new with toys. Please tell me your keeping the vr though.....

PS. make sure you get the r32 garaged as the theivin bastards were always trying to get the keys to my s3 - even double glazing taken out !

good choice, i would of went for that, evo have one on fast fleet (long term test). as far as i can remember they havn't had one problem with it. i remember their SL55 and Audi RS6 having alot of problems. says it all really :lol: