Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

vortech v2 advice on g60 and direction

whats the belt direction on these little fellas? as ive got a mk3 alternator set-up and want to fit a v2 to it as i was linear power and seems they do 20psi ok enough so should be ideal as long as it goes right way :D

Dont know the ans to your question but i dont think its worth the hassle or expense when there are tried and tested products out there. I dont think a centrifugal charger would suit the charcter ofthe g60 engine. I think somebody on vw vortex tried it with not very good results.

Dont know the ans to your question but i dont think its worth the hassle or expense when there are tried and tested products out there. I dont think a centrifugal charger would suit the charcter ofthe g60 engine. I think somebody on vw vortex tried it with not very good results.

im just after another replacement for the g lader and there overpriced and bollox, and eatons seem poor, and i what happend to the guty who tried it in us? i can never navigate that forum very well

well im at work at mo so cant call but there webiste piss poor, its just links going to nowhere :cuckoo: and depends on the cost really, im on a £1000 budget to get it all done and i bet there like other screws where there a bloody fortune but ill call em and see i suppose.

i watched a vortech sell for £300 other day on ebay v2, thats if ya paying full wack and ive learned my lesson being the mug who pays the big price now and id rather be the guy who gets it for alot less :lol: i dont wanna go down the eaton route as they give no real gains as the m90 and m62 both have drawback, its just amazing how after all these years no-one still knows anything solid about whats good other that the expensive units :?

ive looked at lysholm charges too but if there the same as a bbm there cost a fortune and ya could buy a plug and play turbo kit for the cost of them. Ive just looked at them there and theyt look a rite chew on aswell as ya have to move throttle body etc and they huge and cumbersome

so has anyone got any solid advice on a charger here, im starting to think of going for an 1.8t as there not any cost effective charger options and my fully rebuilt g60 lump will be worth quite a bit 8)