Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

G60 rear brake caliper replacement - recommendations needed!

My MOT has failed on rear brake calipers, so i need to replace them pretty quickly.

What are my options in terms of what to go for? Can MK4 rears be used on a 4 stud G60?

I found the ones Drew's using in his thread, but don't know availability.

I'm running 305mm Brembo's up front so something to compliment without costing an arm and a leg would be ideal.

Advice with what else i'll need - ie Goodrich hoses etc would be great!.

I want to order something tomorrow if poss, but don't want to find out too late that there was a better option!

Cheers,

Baz.

Sorry for the short reply..

Yes, you can use MK4 rear calipers on a G60. All you need is the Goodridge Mk2->Mk4 conversion hose kit, since Mk4 calipers needs different type of hose. Using this combo myself :-)

Dunno if it's possible to upgrade from the 226 to the Rallye/G60 Syncro 239mm rear discs..?

Would imagine it'd be a fairly easy swap, but haven't studied the parts... :shrug:

Hi Baz - Are you sure the compensator valve is working ok if both are not up to MOT standards??

Yeah deffo go the MK4 route and buy new as MK4's are getting on a bit now... Paint them red too to match the fronts!

You need the calipers and MK4 to MK2 Conversion hoses from Goodridge and that's it - If you ring Goodridge direct it's worth paying a bit extra for fully stainless ones as my 7 year old ones now need replacing because of rust!

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info. ... ts_id=1530

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info. ... ts_id=1531

cheers guys,

the failures listed were:

Measurements

Brakes Failures: RBT park brake efficency: 0%

(both) rear parking brake recording little or no effort

Parking brake efficiency below requirements

I was advised you can try and free them up but they tend to sieze again anyway. It seems a good time to change them as i've done the fronts now..