Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

Need confirmation on some mk4 rear brakes for sale on ed38

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=302648&st=0&gopid=2794766entry2794766

Right the link above is to the for sale thread on ed38

Need confirmation that these would bolt straight onto my corrado vr6 please??

Are the goodridge hoses that come with it the ones i need which allow them to fit to the VR ??

Also are the carriers off a mk2 golf the same as the corrado rear carriers(makes it easier as they are the same colour as the calipers - straight swap job then)??

Cheers

Jon

Would be interested in the answer to this as well - I'm pondering a full 288 front and Mk4 rear conversion on my brakes.

AFAIK they bolt straight on - they can also be got new from ATE, might be worth considering as you may have to do a rebuild on secondhand ones - although the rebuild kits aren't expensive and the later callipers don't seize as easily as the MkII ones.

Had this done quite recently by Vince appears that the rear Calipers from the Mk 4 Golf are a direct fit using the original VR rear carriers,

As for the hoses i know he ordered the Mk2-Mk4 Rear Brake Conversion kit that goodridge make to fit them, the ones in the for sale appear to be correct

Not sure if the golf carriers are the same as the c

hope this helps

Matt

Are MK2 golf rear carriers the same as corrado rear carriers??

Im getting the same part number for both anyone confirm??

Thanks for the reply VR6matty

I know i'am too late, the mk4 calipers fit onto your existing carriers ! As stated above you need the mk2-mk4 hoses.

If you use the search, there's a good thread on here by Critical Mass that gives all the part numbers and helpful advice ! And yes your handbrake cable fits with no modification.