Sign in to follow this  
jma

Corrado Vr6 vs Honda Ek9/Integra DC2 Type R

Hi

I am keep my Corrado Vr6 as a weekendcar and thinking of buying a Honda Civic Ek9 or Integra DC2 Type R as a daily drive. Which one should I get? and if compare the VR6 to the Honda Civic EK9 /Integra DC2 which would win in a race? :D

Yes, it is.

I've had a 197bhp Prelude, 160bhp Civic VTI and a 170 bhp VTI. I would go with the Teg out of those two, no question. But I would keep the VR6 to be honest! You will totally miss the torque. VTEC is great fun, but having to thrash it and the lack of torque become a little tiresome.

My 2p.

Yes its both the Honda I am looking at the EK9 & DC2 JDM import only. :D :tongue:

Teg every time (If I had to buy a ricer that is...) handles WAY better than a civic ever will...

VR6 Vs Teg? depends on the track... straight line'd be close, corners would suit the Teg, combination would probably suit the VR...

my mate has a ek9 and i have a vr6 so this is a topic that gets discused weekly both nice cars and we never really get to a conclusion.

Surely DC2 is more hardcore than VR6 for daily?

Unless you want to reduce the increase of mileage for the VR6 hence getting another daily?

Edit: Incidentally, DC2 was on my shortlist when I was searching for my next car a few weeks ago. Decided to go with the VR6 because:

a- Always wanted a Corrado VR6 since I was 15/16

b- Realised that this could be the last chance to get a good one as the youngest are already 15 yrs old +

c- C was a couple thousands pounds cheaper than DC2

Anyway, good luck with your search as I’m sure the DC2 is great to drive!

Ive got both on my driveway.

But the last time i defended another car that wasnt a Corrado on here i got labelled a Troll by a Mod so im staying out of it, having a realistic unbiased view on things is frowned upon... :cuckoo:

But the last time i defended another car that wasnt a Corrado on here i got labelled a Troll by a Mod so im staying out of it, having a realistic unbiased view on things is frowned upon... :cuckoo:

:snipersmile: :hitler:

found this is my archives..

Haha I'd take that as a compliment, integras are great cars. They always get compared with rados as being the funnest FWD cars you can get

Loved my (or rather my missus) Teg to drive and it's way more capable than the Corrado, but ultimately loved the Corrado more to live with. The Teg was waaay more reliable though :lol:

Come on, bud, wanna hear your thoughts. When I bought my Lude, one person on here started to be really insulting and ended up getting pretty racist- he's since been banned, despite several attempted come-backs :lol: Most people were totally supportive though. Everyone (apart from someone who refused to park next to me! :roll:) was really complimentary about it when I took it to the Corrado Club National Day.

Never had a Teg myself, but had a few quick VTECs in my time. Would be good to hear what it's like to live with. Aesthetically, the EK9 comes nowhere near the Corrado or Integra. 0-60mph it's the quickest, but no one drives like that everyday. Reckon the Corrado would be the best alrounder, and as said above the Integra best as a weekend car :shrug:

Everyone (apart from someone who refused to park next to me! :roll:) was really complimentary about it when I took it to the Corrado Club National Day.

WOW you're serious?! I can't believe people can be like that, I would have been rolling around laughing! Why can't people just enjoy cool/unusual cars and not get so hung up on... well, being anal? :cuckoo:

Everyone (apart from someone who refused to park next to me! :roll:) was really complimentary about it when I took it to the Corrado Club National Day.

WOW you're serious?! I can't believe people can be like that, I would have been rolling around laughing! Why can't people just enjoy cool/unusual cars and not get so hung up on... well, being anal? :cuckoo:

Yup, serious!

Most people were totally supportive though. Everyone (apart from someone who refused to park next to me! :roll:) was really complimentary about it when I took it to the Corrado Club National Day.

Quite right.They should of put you in stocks,thrown tomatoes at you and then publicly hung you.

:roll:

One of my friends bought a DC2 at exactly the same time I bought my Corrado. I preferred my VR6 (and so did he it would seem as he was gutted when I sold it! :lol: ) and suprisingly his car had quite allot of rust on despite it being less than 13 years old. Apparently they are quite well known for it!

I guess it's down to personal taste really. The Teg is a little more raw but the VR6 is better all rounder imho.

One of my friends bought a DC2 at exactly the same time I bought my Corrado. I preferred my VR6 (and so did he it would seem as he was gutted when I sold it! :lol: ) and suprisingly his car had quite allot of rust on despite it being less than 13 years old. Apparently they are quite well known for it!

I guess it's down to personal taste really. The Teg is a little more raw but the VR6 is better all rounder imho.

What do you mean by raw? :?

In my (limited) experience in a teg:

no (or very little?) sound deadening, a dash made out of the same plastic as kinder egg toys, the ride is not so smooth, etc. They feel more like my 16v with no interior than a VR6.

However, when you boot it, they're very fast, very capable in corners, and leave you with a huge grin - much more so than a VR (stock vs stock)

They are incredibly ugly compared to the rado though.