Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Will These Wheels Fit a Corrado?

Feel a bit of a numpty for asking. But better safe than sorry.

Looking for a nice set of Wheels. Found a bargain set of RH AGs.

Fitment 8x17 ET32 5x100.

PCD is ok but how about the rim width and offset?

Don't want to get the arches rolled or have tyres scrubbing.

with a 195/40 tyre ull be fine... with a 205 u mite scrub. Also depends on ride height!

with a 195/40 tyre ull be fine... with a 205 u mite scrub. Also depends on ride height!

Cheers Abdul!

She's on Koni Coilovers. So I can play with the ride height. ET32 should fill the arches ok then?

Yup, they should be perfect then, although having said that on my valver my 17x7.5 et 35 lm reps i used to have scrubbed on my rear coilys a little bit so i ran a 5mm spacer. Imo, it would look very purposefull with 10-15mm spacers all round! Due to the VRs widetrack id defo run a spacer on the rear anyway for aesthetics but it may affect your handling a little bit.. maybe 10mm up front and 15mm on the back? Or just go 10 all round lol.

Oh the lm's had 205/40s btw, they'd be the comfy choice for you, if u want a slightly more skinnier tyre run a 195/40 but they will stretch a tiny little bit.

195s on an 8" rim? blimey, I wouldn't want to corner hard on those... :eek:

195s on an 8" rim? blimey, I wouldn't want to corner hard on those...

So with these wheels I'm gonna have problems with tyres?

195/40 ftw...

I corner hard with 215/35s on my 9s and did fine with 195/40s on my 7.5s.

195s on an 8" rim? blimey, I wouldn't want to corner hard on those...

So with these wheels I'm gonna have problems with tyres?

It all depends on the height of the car. If you want the tyres to look "normal" (ie. 205 or 215) and to lower it nicely then yes you will get rubbing. But the ET is fine (spacers will make the rubbing worse...) and so if you keep it a bit higher then you'll be alright. If not then you need some arch work

Ok chaps. Thanks for the advice. The wheels are such a bargain I gotta have 'em.

I'll get 215's fitted and take it from there.

195s on an 8" rim? blimey, I wouldn't want to corner hard on those... :eek:

I'm running 195s on a 9" :shock:

WHY?!? What's the point of having a 9" wheel when your tyre only has a maximum of 7.67" of tread?!? Sorry, I just don't get it... :?

you have to be scene. god henny what kind of idiot are you pffft :lol:

Ah... ok... Thanks for clearing that up... 8) I'll just go back to being able to drive my performance car quickly without wondering if the tyres will come off around corners... 8)

p.s. if you wonder how far a low profile tyre can stretch during hard cornering, look at the front wheel in this pic and compare it with the rear tyre profile... these are 205 45 16 on a 7.5" rim... I wouldn't want to be anywhere near someone with "stretched" tyres going near a corner... :nono:

you have to be scene. god henny what kind of idiot are you pffft :lol:

Ah... ok... Thanks for clearing that up... 8) I'll just go back to being able to drive my performance car quickly without wondering if the tyres will come off around corners... 8)

p.s. if you wonder how far a low profile tyre can stretch during hard cornering, look at the front wheel in this pic and compare it with the rear tyre profile... these are 205 45 16 on a 7.5" rim... I wouldn't want to be anywhere near someone with "stretched" tyres going near a corner... :nono:

I dont drive the car hard anymore, its for looking pretty these days.. besides its too low for hard cornering!

if i were to take it on a trackday etc it most definately wouldn't be on those rims!

are strecthed tyres not any good on corners?

didnt the notion start to come through from drift cars with the idea being to stop side walls from flexing whilst changing driection and going round corners??

are strecthed tyres not any good on corners?

didnt the notion start to come through from drift cars with the idea being to stop side walls from flexing whilst changing driection and going round corners??

there is a very good arguement in what you say, which using rear wheel drive and drift would be completely applicable, however for general fast road front wheel drive use stretch offers no benefits!

Ok chaps. Thanks for the advice. The wheels are such a bargain I gotta have 'em.

I'll get 215's fitted and take it from there.

Less potential problems with 205/40 (and better rolling radius) also you may need to shave a little from your front callipers to fit these rims

and againn for smaller sidewalls there is less flex?

i would really like some wide ass borbet A's but i know some one who had them his mk2 golf and said that it handled really bad with them on.

looks against performance eh!

Im sorry but if u drive ur car hard enough on the road to pop a tyre off or something while running stretch u need to lose ur license asap.

On a track you'd need to be just a big a cock to run stretch i guess so fair do's if u only run one set of wheels for road and track!

BUT i will say my rado handled better with 205/40s on the 17s and a bit raised up compared to now (stretch and decked with 9's)...

Thanks for the advice and pics. 205/40 looks the way to go. Will I really have to modify to calipers?

I'm pretty certain you will, read A20LEE's thread he had them fitted years ago before his ZW1s, it was only a tiny amount but they wouldn't clear without a little massage of the outer edge of the calliper (qick whizz over with the grinder, sand back tidy, reapply paint, done) So little needs doing its better than going for a spacer especially with 8x17 ET32 to start with.