Big Adam

The Rec 20vt.......prep for rockingham!

Oulton park yesterday and the car preformed very well, held its temps fluids and never skipped a beat despite 130 miles of abuse :)

Excuse the wheels they were cheep with what were decent tyres!

[ATTACH]70507[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70508[/ATTACH]

Ill upload some more later when I get chance but had a great day :)

[ATTACH]70514[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70517[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70518[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70519[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70520[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70521[/ATTACH]

Few things I want to sort on the handling front but the car drives spot on and is great fun when you chuck it about a bit ;)

Not sure what suspension it is, they were in to boot when I got the car! Want adjustable damping but not sure what would be best for track use on my budget? Arb's are on the shopping list!

Must admit the car felt very planted especially thought the quicker corners and never felt like I was at the limit although struggled with under steer as the track drops away at lodge corner

Nice shiny new kit there Adam, shouldn't you be taking pictures of them on the car instead of been in the box! :p

In this weather? Might end up with trench foot!

I'm in Canada at the moment mate,I hear you! "Only" -16 at the moment. Have a good new year mate!

Serious looking piece of kit there Adam. Give me the nod on your next track day as Jo has expressed an interest.

Happy new year.

Just booked rockingham for the 31st of march (could be Easter Day maybe!?) but bit far for a day out. Wouldn't mind oulton park again but can't find it cheap enough appart from the next couple of weeks!

Be carful James it's a slippery slope this trackday nonsense, she will be stripping bits out the 8v before u no it then she will want more power etc etc.....

Well after a month of looking out the window thinking sod that I finally got round to fitting the new coilovers yesterday

[ATTACH]72092[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]72093[/ATTACH][ATTACH]72094[/ATTACH]

I'm looking forward to takin the old girl for a drive but a leaking calliper puts that idea out the window! I order a replacement but they sent me one for a Nissan.

Seeing as the car is disabled I decided to rip the old cooling system out ready for its upgrade, just need the vr rad and front mount intercooler plumbing in now :)

Bit of progress in the sunshine today.... Snowing last night then warm enough to remove my hat today!!!!

Well with a bit of help from my mechanic the intercooler has been changed to make room for the vr rad which is all plumbed in

[ATTACH]72831[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]72832[/ATTACH]

Bit tight down there.

With all the trouble trying to get the rev counter to work, the clicks have been butchered to make room for a universal rev counter, it isn't all that pretty but it works which is all that matters

[ATTACH]72833[/ATTACH]

Also got a host of other gauges so I can keep an eye on things but they aren't in situ at the min.

Externally there has been a bit of improvement, not everybody's cup of tea but it beats having a odd blue bonnet and lacquer peeling off the roof!

[ATTACH]72839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]72841[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]72842[/ATTACH]

Just wondering what colour to do my track wheels!

[ATTACH]72843[/ATTACH]

Less than 3 week to rockingham now :)

Loving the carbon "Style" panels. Kind of beginning to regret blowing all that money on a paint job now. Carbon Campaign Corrado has a certain ring to it !

Reminds me of the time a pal of mine bought an early 90's Mazda. it was wearing a leather hat and dressed in hearing aid beige. By tea time we'd given it a brace of coats in black trade gloss with three inch brushes. He seemed to like the fact that some of the car had brush strokes peeking through.

Oh, and if you dare paint the wheels orange (or similar) I'll dis-own you ! Rattle can Satin black for the win.

Was thinkin satin black or smoked colour, will make my mind up when I see the price of rattle cans at the range!

The roof looks ok at a push but the bonnet is a bit poor when you get close, wouldn't recommend... Will do seein as its a track slag!

Could you imagine the uproar if you did it to the campaign...... You would be sentenced to life on edition 38

Could you imagine the uproar if you did it to the campaign...... You would be sentenced to life on edition 38

Ledsons, off Wallgate (left before you go under Wallgate bridge) is good (and cheap) for all your rattle can needs. I get all mine from there. Wouldn't go anywhere else if I'm honest.

Every time I hear the name of that organisation I vomit in my mouth...

...and think of this:

Rockingham today was very successful, car behaved itself appart from it disconnecting a boost pipe! Other than that temps stayed low for the hammering it got, fluid levels remain as they were and thing are looking good on the handling front, very neutral and controllable when your entry speed is a bit high!

Hear is a bit of a vid for those who care to take a look, get caught in traffic towards the end but great fun never the less :)

[ATTACH]73287[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73288[/ATTACH]

Awesome tyres, give you so much grip and confidence!

Nice vid mate compared it to the oulton park one and you can see how much better the car handles less bodyroll and looks a hell of a lot more planted