here is some shots from when i first got her

P1010941.jpg

P1010940.jpg

P1010939.jpg

P1010938.jpg

wasnt a big fan of the wheels so got these off ebay for 150 english :norty:

P1010959.jpg

not a big fan of the grill either so managed to source an original one :clap:

then today i picked some D90s up which im goin to refurb when i get chance and then couple them with a set of coilovers!

P1010953.jpg

and thats the story so far :grin:

Edited by Big Adam

Looking sweet - nice to see another early one in the North West. Looks much better on Polo GTi splits.

nice to see another Grey C - join the 'Pearl Grey club'

J

hopefully you'll be able to change those front lights soon too ! :ignore:

nice to see another Grey C - join the 'Pearl Grey club'

J

hopefully you'll be able to change those front lights soon too ! :ignore:

the lights are the next thing to go, got my eye on a pair just waitin till i get paid friday!

anybody goin all types?

hows it going?

I've noticed yours is missing its 'vw' badge on its rear end

so was mine, bought a brand new Golf Mk2 one off eBay for about £16 from a good vw seller as the C ones are NLA but this was same part , fitted in about 30s as was just the job (there's a thread on here somewhere)

didn't get to all types but some more shows coming up

rgds

J

managed to get to all types but didnt camp, was a few C's pottering about but non same colour as mine, the gf was desprat to find one the same colour so she could make some smug remark but she didnt :lol:

i thought about lookin for a golf 16v badge but never seem to get round to it!

iv changed the front grill and headlight and started refurbing the d90s instead of payin someone to do it as i had time to burn!

goin for a scutch over the cat n fiddle and upnorthring later, just prepering to pisss on the breaks at the end :grin:

will post some piccies later.

today i put a new roof linin in as the old one was fallin off n was lookin gash!

P1010993.jpg

a couple of weeks back a put the front end back to how it should be!

P1010990.jpg

i aslo give it a wash today

P1010989.jpg

almost finished one of the d90s

P1010996.jpg

on a negative note i think the headgasket has packed in as there is back presure in the rad :brickwall:

off on holiday next week so will worry about that another day :scratch:

Not updated for a bit as i havnt realy done anythin apart from drive it.

Iv sorted the rear callipers and replaced the radiotor which all of sudden packed in (cheers simong for the parts :salute: )

After seeing some clean interiors at someof the shows iv been to i though its about time i gave mine a scrub, so the story goes:

1 - Strip the interior out

P8310054.jpg

2 - wonder why the carpet is stuck down on one side with this stuff! anybody else found this or just me?

P8310056.jpg

3 - Contomplate my new driving position!

P8310060.jpg

4 - Carpets out

P8310063.jpg

5 - Hoover carpet while i decide the best way to clean them? Anybody :shrug:

P8310062.jpg

Now i have to 21 years of what can only be described as shit out of the carpet, refurbish the leather (What do i use? any suggestions?)

i have put the drivers seat back in as i need the car tomorow, should be intrestin without all the extra weight :norty:

on a negative i have discoverd that almost all the plastic trim has been damaged by some tool trying to fit an amp, about 3/4 of the screws are missing and new holes have been drilled all over the place to try and make it all the dash stay as one piece! :bad-words: :brickwall: :pukeright: :mad2: :hitler:

Cool Ride 8)

I'm lovin' no sunroof!!

I've just taken some amp wires out of my Corrado project. I'm sure some people must hang off the interior panels to fit these wires!! :shrug:

Anyway, keep up the good work :salute:

Hi Matey, I like to use Gliptone Cleaner and Leather conditioner and find ebay the best place for this, on the carpets i like to use Auto Glym interior cleaner which works wonders on the headlining too :clap:

Keep us posted :clap: :wink:

hey man im liking the work youve done so far :) its good to see another valver in wigan the exclusivitys awesome int it 'oooh thats nice what is it' lol i got wel exited the other day when i spotted you on poolstock you dont really see many corrados do you i remember spottin a blue valver in platt bridge i flashed n he was like who and what are you doin lol some fat old guy i felt like a ryt plonka, you got ur d90s on they really suit the corrado with a mean stance :D

Hi Matey, I like to use Gliptone Cleaner and Leather conditioner and find ebay the best place for this, on the carpets i like to use Auto Glym interior cleaner which works wonders on the headlining too :clap:

Keep us posted :clap: :wink:

cheers for that, will give it a go :salute:

hey man im liking the work youve done so far :) its good to see another valver in wigan the exclusivitys awesome int it 'oooh thats nice what is it' lol i got wel exited the other day when i spotted you on poolstock you dont really see many corrados do you i remember spottin a blue valver in platt bridge i flashed n he was like who and what are you doin lol some fat old guy i felt like a ryt plonka, you got ur d90s on they really suit the corrado with a mean stance :D

yeh it made my day seein u comin the other way, had been out all day n was realy tierd, the girlfried was asleep in the passenger seat and was not impressed that i woke her up to tell her id seen another corrado (she hates the look of them, but thinks there good for sleepin in!)

the D90s are in the garage waitin to be painted, i did one as a test then striped the rest of them but never got round to paintin, hope to get them on soon along with the set of coilovers that came with the car

hope to get most the jobs done over the next few weeks so ill keep you all posted!

looking good so far :wink: Are you planning to use 4-5 stud converters for the D90s or will you swop hubs?

Iv FINISHED cleaning the interior and its all back as 1 piece, in fact it put together better than it was before i took it appart if that makes sense, anyway some picies:

put the crapet and rears in

P9030065.jpg

dont them rears look clean

P9030064.jpg

spot the differance

P9030067.jpg

lets see how long it stays like that!

P9030069.jpg

I even managed to re route my ipod lead and fit the sterio propa, just need the handbreak leaver trim (anybody) and the speaker covers puttin back on.

mite have a do at finishin the D90s over the weekend, what size addaptors have people used on there D90s, they are staggered 7 n 8?

to the pub now for a much needed beer :wave:

im running 25ml adaptors all round on my d90's, mine are 8j all round tho.. currently running 205/45/16 tyres. am happy with the way it sits and there are no rubbing issues whatsoever but in all honesty im prob gona change the tyres next year to 195/45/16 and run a slightly wider adaptor...

heres a pic of how mine sit... hth

Yeah break out the d90s man :) with some stretch and camber ooo it gets me exited thinkin bowt it lol i wana space owt ma ronals and stretch the rubber out need ma stance sorted gerin a stainless system tommorow its nice to spend money on things i want rather than need :)

Big Adam,

How difficult was it to remove the carpet? Any chance of a quick write up? And also, how did you clean it in the end?

stainless system tommorow its nice to spend money on things i want rather than need :)

haha, you will love it pal 8)

Big Adam,

How difficult was it to remove the carpet? Any chance of a quick write up? And also, how did you clean it in the end?

it not to bad gettin it out, its puttin it back in thats realy good fun :hitler:

its basicaly seats out, and all the lower tim that overlaps the carpet out, word of advice, store the screws in the holes they came out of, that way you know were they go!

as for cleanin them i used some carpet cleaner that i got from asda for a couple of quid, but my brother has since suggested takin the jetwash as thats what the valliters do at bmw, if i was doin it again i would do that as it took me a while to do it with the cleaner!

hope that helps :D

Cheers Adam, sounds pretty straightforward, do the rear seat bases have to to come out for the carpet to be removed?

Cheers Adam, sounds pretty straightforward, do the rear seat bases have to to come out for the carpet to be removed?

if your takin the rear part of the carpet out then yes, there are 3 clips under the seat.

give us a shout if your stuck :D

Bits and bobs have been happening, fitted the coilover that came with the car about a week ago, sits low now but the ride isnt as harsh as i thought it would be :D

the only problem is the current wheels catch on the rear springs so runnin spacers on one side and sebring on the other :gag:

the car has developed a missfire when cold, but sure it will be an easy fix, but its still a fix :brickwall: :hitler:

i finished refurbin the D90s but was (excuse the pun) 'Let down' by with the tyres i ordered and the bloke who gave me his number about a set of adaptors dont answer the bloody phone :censored:

but to cheer things up again had a good day at the yorkshire meet, met some nice people and seen some rather nice cars :grin:

piccies:

DSCF2192.jpg

sits nice :tongue:

DSCF2193.jpg

the coldest carpark ..................................... in the world!

DSCF2191.jpg

DSCF2188.jpg

The Wheels

Before

P1010953.jpg

P1010954.jpg

After

DSCF2199.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

At long last the wheels are finished, just need tyres and addaptors now!

Spotted today owner of a slammed grey valver bored as fook in his place of work daydreaming of 20v turbos and superchargers :D, u gettin ur d90s on soon mate il have to pop round and have a butchers wen there on :D

Spotted today owner of a slammed grey valver bored as fook in his place of work daydreaming of 20v turbos and superchargers :D, u gettin ur d90s on soon mate il have to pop round and have a butchers wen there on :D

Spotted owner of a slammed red valver shoppin for fancy dress outfit :scratch:

hope to get some tyres very soon, may have a ride up to venom (at least i think its venom at ribchester!) for some addaptors saturday, may even take the fishin rod and have a couple of hours on the ribble :grin: