Big Adam

The Rec 20vt.......prep for rockingham!

That is an early bonnet on your car isnt it?

I've been told you have to have a late bonnet to fit over that engine.

correct but i found out the hard way its left a nice outward dent were the inlet is trying its best to escape, iv got a late front end in the garage waiting to be attached.

danny, will probably be goin the ring again next year, probbly juneish, ill see you there!

best stuff ive used on interiors, or splash on a steam cleaner for the carpets and leather and buy a decent leather feed from zymol etc

Hi Matey, I like to use Gliptone Cleaner and Leather conditioner and find ebay the best place for this, on the carpets i like to use Auto Glym interior cleaner which works wonders on the headlining too :clap:

Keep us posted :clap: :wink:

After several months of neglect the time has come to put the car back together.

its sat in the garage at my parents house, iv not seen it since january but i still think about it!

i miss my corrado and cant wait to see it next weekend, maybe treat it to a new intercooler, a vr6 rad, some seats, bigger brakes, a heater matrix, an MOT, some insurance and a tax disc. Maybe even one of those tax disc holders that says iv paid my tax now fill some bloody pot holes in.

Cant wait to drive it again....

now fill some bloody pot holes in.

For a long time, I thought that's how all UK roads were. Not just round Wigan.

Be good to see some more updates.

After many moons in the safty of the garage, i started the old girl up saturday, first turn of the key she sprung to life. i turned it off while i opend the garage up, not a simple task due to its lack or working components. once the door was propped open on a handy piece of scafholdin i go to fire her up and drive her only for the battery to die, not to worry james was on hand to giv us a shove. once outside, i empty her of my large collection of bumpers spare engine part so that dash removal can comence.

James had offered and experianced hand so i bit it off and after a couple of hours pullin pushin swearin and a brew the dash came out. what lay beneath was some quality audio install (not) and an arial from a montego living under the dash which explains the poor signal!

the matrix was now exposed but neither of us had a clue how to remove it, a quick search of google spread some light on the situation. a 10mm bolt in the bowels of the engine bay that can only be reached by a spanner put an end to our productive day as my spanners seem to have transfered to my brother tool box and vanished since i last used them!

after a quick charge the car fired up and was reversed back into its nest, with enthusiasum restored i look forward to returning to her next weekend when i shall mount the intercooler, rad and start chopping bumpers to make it look like a car agian.

ill try and add some images soon

cheers again james

Last week i whent to look at a house and outside was parked this little number. I enquired about what they were doing it when they move and the ladies reply implied that she wasnt a fan of her husbands pride and joy.

it was upon this answer i decided i needed another project in my life and set about organising delivery. i was in luck, it became apparent that the gent from next door had seen enough of peering over this little gem and delivered it free of charge.

so for around the same price as a good curry i have become the proud owner of a british icon, maybe not the straightest example but there is potential!

IMG_6017.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

Yes there is the odd aerodynamic tweek and ventilation holes but it wouldnt be a project without them.

What have you gone and done now ? As if fixing up a Corrado wasn't traumatic enough !

Hope you're handy with a welding torch though.

What's going on with the engine ? Those supports dont look standard.

Discuss...

What have you gone and done now ? As if fixing up a Corrado wasn't traumatic enough !

Hope you're handy with a welding torch though.

What's going on with the engine ? Those supports dont look standard.

Discuss...

Bit of an impuls buy james....

it has a fiberglass front end, think the original disolved, but still there is something not quite rite upfront!

The underside dont look to rotten but sure it will be like a gregs pasty when i start to dig, just like the scuttle and rear valance.

at the price it was worth a punt, plus im running out of mountains to climb so need somethin to fill my time up hear

Anyway, who needs to weld when you got gaffa tape.....

Morning Campers.

well it was the girlfriends birthday last week so we hired this owd bit of tin!

IMG_6041.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

IMG_6066.jpg

Now i have returned from the 1960's, maybe i should finish my corrado!

Just read the whole thread, epic adventure time and respect for not being put off with the engine woes! Would love to take my C to the ring!

Its had its highs and lows owning the C but I always puts a smile on my face, cant wait to get it back together and back on the road/track. Hope to get it back to the ring soon but maybe not melt a piston this time! Although it was a bummer at the time, the repair bill was considerably less than the return petrol bill.

More news, the megan sport wasnt all that sporty and the tax was running out so i sold it, in favour of a nice 8v mk3 Gti.

40mpg, Gti power, no rust, service history, tax n test for less than £500

IMG_6111.jpg

not the quickest gti in the world but it gets me to work and back!

Spent the afternoon on her today and got a bit done, got the front back on, oil cooler gasket replaced, rad and inter cooler back on and heater matrix replaced! If you ever have the urge to replace the heater matrix, don't! Buy a hat n gloves it's easier....

dash back in tomorrow, brakes n pads to go on and need to find some seats to sit on then mot time! Hope it's ready for tatton park this weekend, can wait to get back behind the wheel :)

Well managed to get it lookin like a car and running today with some help from james (thanks again mate). Dash is back in, fluids are restored to appropriate levels, late bonnet on, mot checks done, bought some seats! All that remains is to fit and bleed g60 brakes and fit seers then mot time :)

[ATTACH]68672[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68673[/ATTACH]

And to keep us all amused!

[ATTACH]68674[/ATTACH]

Iv only gone an booked a trackday!

Suppose this gives me an excuse to get thing back back on the road.....

November 14th at oulton park if anyone want to join in the fun n games get over to trackdays.co.uk

Good job in getting your interior looking the way it is now. Looking at your other interior shots I dont know where I would start if it was me. Bet you cant wait to get it on the road and start driving it.

Great in-car action. You need a soundtrack though...

Edited by James.

Got some goodies :) goin to crack on Friday, see if I can get it back on the road!

[ATTACH]70080[/ATTACH][ATTACH]70081[/ATTACH]

And for entertainment

[ATTACH]70082[/ATTACH]

Some kid let the handbrake off n it ended up in my mates garden.... I don't blame the poor kid going to school in that

Done a bit more today with a little help untill rain put an end to play!

[ATTACH]70241[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70242[/ATTACH]

Changed the brake compensation valve or whatever the correct name is for the evil little fecker.

[ATTACH]70243[/ATTACH]

And a crap picture of the new seats fitted.

Also changed the rear pads to red stuff, just need to bleed the brakes then mot time :)