Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

How Many 24V corrados around?

Right, I've got one. How many others are there in the UK?

Please state user-name, and type of engine if know.

UK 3.2 24V

1. Mine (Quicky1980)

2. Herisitis

3. Coxylaad (now 87jetta's car)

4. kipVr

5. flas's mate of a mate, r32 turbo.

6. big bens mate?

7. phatvr6

8. redtyphoon

9. BigpantsBaby ?

10. Mort?

11. h6 vwc (soon to be?)

12. jboyslick?

13. WreckedGecko (soon to be?)

leon? (being broken :( )

UK 2.8 24V

1. [strike:16jvncwv]coullstar[/strike:16jvncwv] sold on

2. tedmans

3. Renshaws (now with Vick N)

4. 2motion

5. Stan

6. John-M

7. Ziderapples

8. mick_VR (soon may/june 2015?) :grin:

Known world wide

1. R36 - unknown owner - USA

2. 2.8 - Dutch24V - The Netherlands

3. twin turbo 3.2 - unknown owner - Germany

arent 2&3 the same owner?

Mate of a mate has an R32 turbo :norty: :norty: Not on the forum though.

why has herisites got 2? lol

coxylaad's is now 87jetta's car, coullstar's is a 2.8 and i know of a few 2.8 24v's kicking about. Kip has a 3.2 under construction and theres another one i know of on here with a members thread, its a blue one but forgotten his username.

Mate of a mate has an R32 turbo :norty: :norty: Not on the forum though.

was that in a rado? if so that counts.

why has herisites got 2? lol

arent 2&3 the same owner?

fixed the typo :epicfail:

for some reason I thought there were quite a few out there. but maybe not.

Will record all the 24v rados on this forum to try and keep a tally on whats around.

I've read a build thread of an American R36 conversion going on. Its on Vortex. Why aren't more of those being done?

I've read a build thread of an American R36 conversion going on. Its on Vortex. Why aren't more of those being done?

I was pretty close to doing this, but finding a donor engine, parts are difficult and expensive. Not to mention the tricky fueling. Maybe we will see a few pop up now one or two golf r36 builds have been done. :shrug:

yep his is an r32 turbo corrado.

there's also tedmans 24V, of course Jay Renshaws superduper 24V.

I was pretty close to doing this, but finding a donor engine, parts are difficult and expensive. Not to mention the tricky fueling. Maybe we will see a few pop up now one or two golf r36 builds have been done. :shrug:

I've seen a few R36 engines and assorted bits needed for about €4-5k on German ebay. I know of a mk4 R32 Golf that has been done. There's also the mk2 Golf thats for sale at £20k! ! !

d theres another one i know of on here with a members thread, its a blue one but forgotten his username.

Your not thinking of Petes Griffiths car are you? If so, he broke it up for bits :(

No i know of pete griffs, its blue, thought pete griffs was green :?

theres also a burgundy one, think hes called 2motion. big bens mate with the storm 3.2, erm... can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

I've seen a few R36 engines and assorted bits needed for about €4-5k on German ebay. I know of a mk4 R32 Golf that has been done. There's also the mk2 Golf thats for sale at £20k! ! !

yup, and thats the price just for the engine!! Ive seen that golf your on about but really only want to record corrado builds so far. The golf is most likely the one built by storm. they charge roughly £10(k) for the conversion :gag:

No i know of pete griffs, its blue, thought pete griffs was green :?

theres also a burgundy one, think hes called 2motion. big bens mate with the storm 3.2, erm... can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

wasnt sure if you got the colours mixed up lol

I guesse the 2motion is a 2.8?

You have me up twice, 2.8 for me. Stan's old one (first PSI conversion) now lives in Edinburgh and John-M is another PSI conversion. I think they have done 6 including mine. Remember there was Zipperapples as well. I would say at least a dozen now.

Vick N now owns jay renshaws old one.

Just a quick look through the 24v conversion thread, not sure if they still have them but you got stan24v, dutch24v, i think phat vr6 and a couple more

You have me up twice, 2.8 for me. Stan's old one (first PSI conversion) now lives in Edinburgh and John-M is another PSI conversion. I think they have done 6 including mine. Remember there was Zipperapples as well. I would say at least a dozen now.

sorted the duplication, again lol

I guesse those are all 2.8 builds too??

Cant wait to add myself to this list in about a months time! Got all the parts ready just need to finish my exams and crack on with it! Btw quicky cud u pm me any details of the fpr and spal fan u used? Thanks mate

jboyslick? on here has an R32 running I believe,

Leon is breaking his at the moment, so I think you can take him off the list!

PhatVR6 has had a 4x4 haldex? R32 'Rado running for a good few years too.

HTH

I am mid R32 build at the moment as well! Seems there are a few of us now.

I was lucky and managed to grab most of Norman Coal's bits from his R32 Jetta. I actually did it all a bit arse about face, I bought the engine and then went and found a Corrado for it!

Just waiting on powder coating subframes/rear beams etc before the new engine/kw v3s go in.

Well thats what is supposed to happen anyway. I am just waiting for the next problem to crop up and cause delays... :gag: