StormchargedVR6

Golf MKV R32 ( new pics )

Time for new gallery :) Andy is going to take over my old thread.

Heres some pice of the R32 , now with black front grille,smoked plates , rear badge removed ,de-wiped rear, LED number plate bulbs 8)

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdffront 1.JPG[/attachment:33sz3yma]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdffront.JPG[/attachment:33sz3yma]

rear.JPG[/attachment:33sz3yma]

Will get better pics up soon , just having fun driving it :D

Loads more to do, hope before end of year to do Milltec ,Air filter ,remap,coilovers,wheels 8)

Edited by StormchargedVR6

I was thinking about starting my own MKV R32 one on here. Seems to be the natural progression for those moving on from the Corrado.

Personally, I would go for the Supersprint 'Powerloop' backbox rather than the Miltek. I'm waiting for my Credit Card to recover from my latest purchase before I order one :lol: Could always see if they'd do a discount for seeing as they are so expensive anyway :lol:

Air Filter; ITG Panel Filter is your best bet. I find K&N's and Green Cotton's far too oily and forsee early MAF failiure.

Cheers Neil , must say yours looks stunning with the MK6 R rims 8)

How you find yours with the H&R Springs

its a bit low for the Isle of Man roads from what i heard ;)

:lol:

There were several times I think Neil was actually close to tears!

Yeah, if you live on the Isle of Man or Scotland I wouldn't reccomend them :lol: To be fair though it only rubbed when we were two up or there was 70+kg's of luggage on the boot. Nothing some arb's won't sort out.

didn't stay standard for long eh Shaun :) but like the corrado they are all tastefull mods that suit the car down to the ground.

oh yeh when you fit the coilovers drop me a pm mate, i will probably have your standard suspension.

didn't stay standard for long eh Shaun :) but like the corrado they are all tastefull mods that suit the car down to the ground.

oh yeh when you fit the coilovers drop me a pm mate, i will probably have your standard suspension.

Cheers karl , let you know about the suspension :)

very nice mate.. was never massivly keen on the mk5 shape but in that colour it looks smart as.. dunno why but i think the darker coloured ones look poop :/

You don't want a Miltek or Blueflame. You want either Supersprint, or this :eek:

Am liking the Supersprint , that Capristo Exhaust is awesome bit of kit. Hate to ask price

$6,000 Australian dollars :)

I'm currently looking into pricing as I want to get mine fitted in Germany at the HQ. I'm looking around £2000 for a Cat Back System without the switch. But it's the only system proven to give gains; anything from 15bhp-24bhp and it truly is a work of art. The supersprint equivilant is £1400 plus fitting which is obviously better than the shoddy stuff Milltek call exhausts but again I've never seen any proven gains.

Thats a lot of money, rather put it towards a turbo :)

Exactly. Having done the Schrick, then S/C etc on your 12V, you now know it's best and more sensible to go straight to the turbo :D £2K for 15hp is ridiculous and it still won't solve the R32's lack of urge past 3500rpm.

Anything over £500 for a bit of bent pipe and some generic silencers is just taking the p1ss imo. So it frees off a bit of power, that's no excuse to charge a comedy price for it. I also find 15-24hp post *standard* cat gains extremely optimistic too. I'd like to see 24hp repeated across at least 5 standard cars before I'd eat my hat :D

It seems like the old 12V tuning tax has now moved onto the R32 :lol: A £2000 investment in a MK5 GTI will bag you over 400hp!

Anyway, nice to see you getting stuck into your new project mate. Looking forward to seeing what wheels you put on it, they're bound to be special knowing you :D

Just one thing though, 5 door??! :pukeright: :lol:

Thats a lot of money, rather put it towards a turbo :)

Exactly. Having done the Schrick, then S/C etc on your 12V, you now know it's best and more sensible to go straight to the turbo :D £2K for 15hp is ridiculous and it still won't solve the R32's lack of urge past 3500rpm.

Anything over £500 for a bit of bent pipe and some generic silencers is just taking the p1ss imo. So it frees off a bit of power, that's no excuse to charge a comedy price for it. I also find 15-24hp post *standard* cat gains extremely optimistic too. I'd like to see 24hp repeated across at least 5 standard cars before I'd eat my hat :D

It seems like the old 12V tuning tax has now moved onto the R32 :lol: A £2000 investment in a MK5 GTI will bag you over 400hp!

Anyway, nice to see you getting stuck into your new project mate. Looking forward to seeing what wheels you put on it, they're bound to be special knowing you :D

Just one thing though, 5 door??! :pukeright: :lol:

Kev, whats the user name all about :? did i miss something :)

Im long way off going turbo mate, wheels ,KWs and few other bits first.

Im getting old mate, you will be into 5 door soon :lol:

$6,000 Australian dollars :)

I'm currently looking into pricing as I want to get mine fitted in Germany at the HQ. I'm looking around £2000 for a Cat Back System without the switch. But it's the only system proven to give gains; anything from 15bhp-24bhp and it truly is a work of art. The supersprint equivilant is £1400 plus fitting which is obviously better than the shoddy stuff Milltek call exhausts but again I've never seen any proven gains.

This reply i got

This exhaust system is available from Capristo, the price is £1897.50 + vat.

Shipping will be around £30.00 door to door (sent direct from Germany).

Shaun

Might be worth looking at an Eisenmann system. Got one fitted now to the 328i - bought used and the quality is superb, really nice sound too.

Distributed in the UK by CAA Automotive and can be tailored to your exact spec

Only manged to find one soundclip of an R32 with one fitted but gives an idea

http://www.eisenmann.co.uk/

I'm with you on 5 doors, Shaun. Much prefer being able to just open the rear doors and chuck stuff on the seats rather than fighting with the boot, etc.

Have to say, I think £2,000 is absolutely laughable for an exhaust. Yes, I'm sure it's pretty but it is just an exhaust. If it was a Lambo or something then I'd understand it, but not on a Golf!

I'm with you on 5 doors, Shaun. Much prefer being able to just open the rear doors and chuck stuff on the seats rather than fighting with the boot, etc.

Have to say, I think £2,000 is absolutely laughable for an exhaust. Yes, I'm sure it's pretty but it is just an exhaust. If it was a Lambo or something then I'd understand it, but not on a Golf!

There's a guy who has his Mk5 R32 serviced at The Phirm who's just had a Capristo fitted. It does sound great but agree with you that its not worth spending that kind of money on an exhaust for a VW - far better spent making bigger gains elsewhere. However, from what I gather there are a good number of Ferrari, Lambo, Maser owners etc who drive R32s as daily drivers. They splash out on Capristos for their weekend toys and have obviously then persuaded Capristo that there is a sufficient demand to create a system especially for their daily hacks.

In all fairness to Capristo - and like everything in life - you pay for what you get. The Capristo I have seen on the R32 is a thing of beauty. It may be a bit of bent pipe, but then there's bent pipe and there's bent pipe! Powerflow is bent pipe! The Capristo is finely crafted, beautfifully made and fabulously sounding bent pipe! :lol:

That'll be Tim who's just had the Capristo fitted :)

Getting some Bilstein B6's as my next upgrade now. Not happy with the bounce I've got on the limit now :(