Sign in to follow this  
shaung60

Save The 16V

Jigsaw.JPG[/attachment:20kx4361]

1990 on a G plate, Quartz Metallic, poverty spec (no sunroof or electric windows), with grey interior.

Been wanting to have a go at saving one for a while but the ones that came up for sale were always too far away, until now. This one was close to home and ripe for saving.

I plan to get it running, use it and then sell it on. It won't be a show car, just one to be used daily and enjoyed. Progress will be slow due to lack of free time but I'll get there eventually.

wow think i would pass! no i know i would pass!! glad someone is able to take these things on!!!

yeh good effort :salute: my old g reg valver was that colour, has it lived in cornwall/ devon before?

Echoing the sentiments above, great effort.

Far too many being broken these days.

Best of luck with the restoration.

how many you got now shaun? im down to 1, and it feels bloody nice let me tell ya, focus all my work and funds to one car...

looks a great project though, the bay looks mint, anymore pics?

Born in Paisley on 29/05/90 so soon to celebrate its 20th birthday. So I'll try and get it working before its 21st birthday. Changed hands a few times since then and has been based in Paisley, Edinburgh and then Norwich before coming to Sussex.

Last owner ran it before the MOT expired and the exhaust rusted away. On top of that it was found that the front subframe had a big rusty hole in it. He than set about obtaining the parts to fix it, took the engine out, worked hard and cleaned up the bay and then lost interest.

And now it's my turn. Car is nice and original and it will stay that way. It's had a respray at some point and I'll guess it's been sprayed in the original colour :scratch: It's the first Quartz Metallic I've seen in the flesh. Side strips have been removed but everything else is original. Anyway he's done alot of work already so I'll just continue what he started. I like the colour and the grey interior works well with it. Plus with no sunroof, leccy windows, ABS, cat/Lambda, charger or chains there's less to go wrong and it'll be a doddle to get running again :) Won't it?

It's easy enough to strip the cars down but now I feel that I just want to put one back together again. It's a learning curve for me and I'm sure to get things wrong but with the knowledge on this Forum I hope my mistakes will be small. And I have an early 16V as a daily so I can just reference that when I start putting this one back together.

You can never have enough! You're right though, I really should just concentrate on the one car. I'll use this one as practice for when I tackle the G60.

And poor old Stealth just sits on the drive in a huff, with ABS and wipers with minds of their own.

Kids have disowned me and the wife will soon be leaving me to start a new life in the Algarve.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfP5201211.JPG[/attachment:2vlqbqwc]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfP5201212.JPG[/attachment:2vlqbqwc]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfP5201216.JPG[/attachment:2vlqbqwc]

P5201222.JPG[/attachment:2vlqbqwc]

Had a spare few minutes yesterday so cleaned out the scuttle panel of all the leaf and debri. There was a huge amount behind the fresh air grille. So much that I reckon a family of mice have lived there in the past. A cosy place to sleep over Winter.