Sign in to follow this  
bobbymkII

cheap and best to buy rado windscreen

as the title says need a corrado windscreen looking for best price just to buy or supply and fit ....best quote ive had is £385 supply and fit with 3 year warranty....???????? any better deals out there ?????? or just to buy screen ???

is insured only third party fire and theft as spends most its life on driveway....but requires new screen as m.o.t next month ...called insurance and was told not coverd ....so shopping about...as wide range of prices some are crazy the 385 is best yet...but did get a £820 quote :shock: hoping i can get it for £250-300 tops as i think thats a fair price

no dont think its possible as bonded in ....but not fussed as want a new one but for best price possible ...doesnt seem to be any where i can buy direct????? spent hours on net searching and nothing....i know i can order from vw direct but be stupid money from them

385 supply and fitted sounds about right. Fitting it correctly is a fine art and worth £££££'s as a badly fitted one will cause no end of problems. Make sure who ever quotes you the best figure are very confident in doing a good job of fitting. 3 years warranty or not you dont want to have to put your car through the rigmarole of cutting out or attempting to bodge repair a badly fitted one.

I was only TFT on my daily a few years back and got a huge crack so had to pay to get a new new one fitted. £385 was about the price I paid. And the fitter did such a good job we have had all our other C's new screens done there plus passed the guys name on to many people in S Yorks area.

I can try to cut out my one from rado I'm breaking and You can have it for 40 quid picked up from Aberdeen, not fare from You. Let me know if you interested. No stone chips on the windscreen.

have you tried calling a local windscreen fitter rather than a national company? i had a mate of mine replace my screen and it wasnt that expensive

have you tried calling a local windscreen fitter rather than a national company? i had a mate of mine replace my screen and it wasnt that expensive

i stay in perth small town and only 2 or 3 national companys,,,,

I can try to cut out my one from rado I'm breaking and You can have it for 40 quid picked up from Aberdeen, not fare from You. Let me know if you interested. No stone chips on the windscreen.

that be spot on bud let me know if it comes out in 1 piece if so will take it

385 supply and fitted sounds about right. Fitting it correctly is a fine art and worth £££££'s as a badly fitted one will cause no end of problems. Make sure who ever quotes you the best figure are very confident in doing a good job of fitting. 3 years warranty or not you dont want to have to put your car through the rigmarole of cutting out or attempting to bodge repair a badly fitted one.

I was only TFT on my daily a few years back and got a huge crack so had to pay to get a new new one fitted. £385 was about the price I paid. And the fitter did such a good job we have had all our other C's new screens done there plus passed the guys name on to many people in S Yorks area.

Judith would you let me know the name of the guy that did your screen please??

Really want mine replaced but you hear such horror stories! Wouldn't mind it being done if you know the fitter competent at the job.

Cheers, Matt.