Sign in to follow this  
emu

Advantage of VR6 BiTurbo and Single Turbo ??

Was looking in the internet but can't find anything interested so maybe some of You can put some light on my problem ??

As some of You know I will be going turbo in my VR6, it will be in some future, maybe even faster than I was planing but what direction is better. BiTurbo or single turbo ??

What I need is a very quick point to point car, so as more torque from lower RPM as better so ??

1) Single turbo - GT35R or similar - single turbo known as working very well in VR6

2) BiTurbo - 2 x GT28RS - lots of videos on you tube but no information at all :(

I need it to be capable up to 600BHP and as far as I know its possible on both above setups.

the 35r spools quickly and delevers to the red line,cant see any advantage of two turbos unless its for scene points!

now compound turbo charging is what ive always wanted to do..... :luvlove:

the 35r spools quickly and delevers to the red line,cant see any advantage of two turbos unless its for scene points!

now compound turbo charging is what ive always wanted to do..... :luvlove:

Twin turbo is fine for 1.8T but no point for vr6 in my opinion, better biturbo.

Thinking about this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Garrett-Turbo-GT3 ... 27a9d679c2

but what A/R size is the best and what housing type should I pick up ??

I was not about the 1.8t,and twin or bi turbo set up's are not compound,do a search on google.

as for power for a decent Ar of 1.06 would be more suited,but with more lag,smaller AR is better spool but will puff out at the top if your aiming for 600hp

Waste of time and money having 600bhp in a fwd Corrado. Will be useless point to point as youll be spinning in every gear.

Who said I will be driving FWD having close to 600 bhp ??

Full MK4 R32 or Audi S3 quatro system will be on the car before I will go over 450 bhp.

Just buy a R32 and go Turbo :)

I don't like them (only engine is fine, but golfs are crap for me -except mk1 and mk2. No offense, please). BTW already have 2.7T as a daily and is enough :) Corrado will be for fun.

I was not about the 1.8t,and twin or bi turbo set up's are not compound,do a search on google.

upss, need to take a lesson.

Waste of time and money having 600bhp in a fwd Corrado. Will be useless point to point as youll be spinning in every gear.

Who said I will be driving FWD having close to 600 bhp ??

Full MK4 R32 or Audi S3 quatro system will be on the car before I will go over 450 bhp.

Nice thats going to be 8)