Sign in to follow this  
tug

VR6 ECU Number

I'm thinking about 'chipping' my VR6, but I need to find out the number of the original Bosch ECU.

There's a number on the car's 'brain box': 021 906 258 AG. I put this into a search engine and got a result saying the ECU number should be 0261 200 469, does anyone know if this is right?

If it helps, me engine code is ABV! :)

Thanks...

Right mate, I've attached a copy of my '93 VR6 ECU label. The VAG part number looks the same as yours. Why do you need to know then, are there different chips for different years of VR6? Was going to do mine soon aswell.

Cheers for that mate... :D

Apparently there are two different Bosch chips that can go into the VR6 engine management system, but I'm not sure when or why the change took place!

What chip were you thinking of getting?

I got the chip below second hand but yet to fit it..

http://www.bbrgti.com/StarChip.php

Hadn't heard anything about the change in chip, the one I bought apparently came out of a '94 VR6 so should have hopefully be the same ECU number as both of ours.

Rebuilding the engine at the moment, had 194bhp in the state it was in so hopefully I should see abit of an improvement after all this. Should get it dyno'd afterwards if money allows.

They probably have different chips for vr's depending on if they have a distributor or coilpack.

They probably have different chips for vr's depending on if they have a distributor or coilpack.

And the later cars with the OE immobiliser have the part number ending CP

have a look here for all the part numbers...

Motronic M2.9 is common to all VR Corrados but I'm pretty sure the very last of them had revision M2.91 or something silly (but quite significant) like that......different MAFs for one thing....and the OE immobiliser as Mr Seeker pointed out...

It's all a little bit confusing, isn't it? :)

Cheers for the help everybody, I can order my chip in confidence now!