Sign in to follow this  
Sanj

Drilled the Airbox

Folks, just had to let you all know that I drilled the airbox this weekend, and have had a grin on my face ever since. :D The sound is just so damn deep and the speed is sweet. :D

Going to plan a cold air induction straight inside the box, any ideas from you all, or should I just leave it at a drilled air box :?:

a cold air feed is always a good idea, I know my VR getting VERY hot, dunno what the 2.0ls are like, but I would think it would help.

when you get a K&N they provide a flexible tube to take air from the front vent under the bumper, maybe try to make one of those?

i bought some flexable induction tubing made by 'green' from halfords when i made a cold air feed for my astra, cost about a tenner IIRC and made a noticable difference, must've gained me ohhh at least 0.2BHP ;) throttle response was better though. Just make sure the end pointing out from behind the grille is angled slightly down otherwise you might end up getting water in it.

Well folks, it really is a new car feel, the throttle response is great and I don't get a flat spot now on the revs. :D

I wil post some pics when I can get a hold of a digital camera from my mate. Will also post some designs so to see if any of you guys would agree with my planned induction.

I've yet to take it on the motorway but will do this coming weekend.

Also want to make the existing holes a bit bigger!! :D

i'm gonna be changing mine, the hose K&N provide isn't long enough, and I think a large Dia. one will also get more air though, just gotta look around for the right tube :)