Sign in to follow this  
Batmanan

Clutch Master Cylinder Removal

The Eyelet on the end of the master clutch cylinder has snapped off and so i need to replace it.

I have got stuck trying to get the bugger out. I have removed two nuts from the footwell and then one in the engine bay and that is all i can see. I notive that the MC does sit just behind the brake servo but i can't see another nut there. Is there something else i'm missing or do i just need to pry it out?

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfMC-Int.JPG[/attachment:20s9vcc1]

MC-Ext.JPG[/attachment:20s9vcc1]

Also from doing my research on the forum getting a replacement is going to be a problem with as people have tried Eurocar parts but they have been unable to get the right one. Has anyone managed to get a correct replacement from them? That being said a friend has said that he has one so that should be a big help but was just wondering if i could get hold of a new one at a fair price that would be smarter.

Any advice would be most welcome and desperately needed!!

The one I got from ECP recently was the wrong one, so I ended up getting one from GSF.

After you've removed the 2 nuts, it should just come away from the bulkhead. Obviously you'll need to disconnect the brake lines to remove it completely :nuts:

Might just need a bit of manoeuvring to get it out completely. Try tapping the bolts gently with a hammer from the inside of the car, just to get a bit of play in them, then the MC should come away from the bulkhead. Remember that it's probably been on for quite a while, so might have "seized" slightly, might just need a little persuasion to come off.

Sorry for the delay answering.

Yes that's the price I paid for mine too :cuckoo:

If your local branch is like mine, then the are running a promotion at the moment, where you can get a 10% off card, well worth getting if you own a corrado!

I'd also replace the brake/clutch fluid hose (blue one) that you can see in the pictures as well. mine fell into pieces when I removed it.

Sounds like a lot more than I paid for mine from GSF but I could be wrong.

Yeah its a fiddly job to do, I would recommend changing the slave cylinder aswell at the same time, purely because these appear to be prone to going, and I would imagine with the extra pressure a new master cylinder will be giving - it wont be long until the slave goes too.

Not only that but you've got air in the system from fitting the MC, so why not just get it all over and done with at once?

Can you tell I realy realy hate bleeding? :lol: