Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Any idea where this vacuum hose connect? (VR6)

In the area I'v marked here there is an vacuum hose that's not connected to anything.

Any idea what it is for?.

engine_room-1.jpg?t=1275068455

If you mean the one that runs off the engine by the coil pack onto the back bulkhead.... its the brake servo vacuum pipe.

Not the one connected to the front of the manifold - this one seem to come from the left side (left side of picture)....it seem to go along the wiring that sits back there)..

I think we are the same. About 1.5cm diameter shiney black pipe.?? Need a much closer photo otherwise.

Naa, you thinking about the one that runs from front of air-manifold, and goes in under/over the coilpack right?.

The one I'm thinking of just sticks out from the wires back at the firewall.....:(

I presume the one going from the manifold is supposed to hook up with a green plastic "pipe" coming from somewhere else?...:)

yea I know - only one I had available on the computer - the C isn't where I live - will have to get a new one next time I'm at the place I work on the car :)

here are soem better pics of the one hose I'm talking about:

DSC_1581.jpg?t=1275392202

DSC_1580.jpg?t=1275392204

It seem to be going over to this area:

DSC_1582.jpg?t=1275392198

Also this car is equiped with cruise control - if that has anything to do with it. :)

Also this car is equiped with cruise control - if that has anything to do with it. :)

Ah a clue. On the LHD Corrado VR6 photo I have, THAT pipe turns into the scuttle wall between the two heater matrix pipes coolant pipes. There must be a loose plastic pipe inside the dash below the scuttle's floor panel.

Its part of the cruise control that goes to the vacuum vent/relief valves the pedals press and also the vacuum actuator unit that drives the accelerator. With it not connected, the crusie shouldn't work??? because there is no vacuum possible in the system to drive the vacuum unit on the accelerator.

See fig 2 here..http://www.discotrek.co.uk/pictures/T4/cruise%20con.pdf.

Ah a clue. On the LHD Corrado VR6 photo I have, THAT pipe turns into the scuttle wall between the two heater matrix pipes coolant pipes. There must be a loose plastic pipe inside the dash below the scuttle's floor panel.

Its part of the cruise control that goes to the vacuum vent/relief valves the pedals press and also the vacuum actuator unit that drives the accelerator. With it not connected, the crusie shouldn't work??? because there is no vacuum possible in the system to drive the vacuum unit on the accelerator.

See fig 2 here..http://www.discotrek.co.uk/pictures/T4/cruise%20con.pdf.

You know what?

You where absolutely correct! - had a closer look, and for some weired reason I had absolutely overlooked the small vacuum plastic hose coming out between those 2 lines.!

Thnx!