Sign in to follow this  
emu

R32 Gearbox in Corrado VR6. Does it fit ??

As my gearbox will die sooner or later I need to replace it. No point to buy another used VR6 box with lot of miles on. No point to spend few hundreds pound on rebuild because I will be running AWD in the future so can complete 1st stage of this conversion right now.

Will the MK4 R32 02M gearbox fit straight to vr6 block. Is it a straight bolt on swap without any adapters ??

Is the R32 clutch fit without any modifications. What flywheel do I have to use.

I'm thinking about this or similar clutch http://www.034motorsport.com/product_in ... s_id=17082

and single mass flywheel

I'm thinking about this drive shafts as an upgrade http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=199

No dont think so mate.

If you want to do a diy fit I think your better off with the 6 speed out of 2.0fsi. I keep looking at this and havent seen an easy diy fit/kit as yet

As my gearbox will die sooner or later I need to replace it. No point to buy another used VR6 box with lot of miles on. No point to spend few hundreds pound on rebuild because I will be running AWD in the future so can complete 1st stage of this conversion right now.

Will the MK4 R32 02M gearbox fit straight to vr6 block. Is it a straight bolt on swap without any adapters ??

Is the R32 clutch fit without any modifications. What flywheel do I have to use.

I'm thinking about this or similar clutch http://www.034motorsport.com/product_in ... s_id=17082

and single mass flywheel

I'm thinking about this drive shafts as an upgrade http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=199

Yes the O2M will bolt onto the 12valve without mods its the same stud pattern,also the r32 flywheel will bolt onto the VR6 crank as they are the same as the 24 four motion and R32 cranks but go for the single mass flywheel as i dont know how the duel mass will affect the running of the 12 valve if any?

As for fitting it into the car im sure you have read up on the net about drive shaft and mount adapters.

Thanks, just got replay form my friend who did few of this conversions and...

All what I have to do i relocate gearbox mount or do new mounting bracket for gearbox and do new clutch pipes as vr6 won't fit. I'm in touch with him so maybe will be some upgrade in my VR6 :)

There is only one problem, my friend stays in Poland and I stay in UK but maybe we will manage to do something.

I have an R32 gearbox (Mk5, less than 8k on it) surplus to requirements, should you want one. Also have propshafts to link to rear diff.

Is it 02m manual and same as mk4 gearbox ??

I have an R32 gearbox (Mk5, less than 8k on it) surplus to requirements, should you want one. Also have propshafts to link to rear diff.

Is it 02m manual and same as mk4 gearbox ??

I have the Mk4 gearbox, pretty much identical the the Mk5 version but mine has the speedo output. mk5's rely on abs sensors to judge speed iirc. see my link below for pics and price.

As mentioned before, custom shafts, relocated mount and either off the shelf brakets or try and make your own. Relatively simple to fit, I know 'cus I was sooo close to fitting it to mine but just couldnt afford the custom shafts after fitting the new engine in.