Sign in to follow this  
pookyvr6

Induction Heatshield

I'm afraid I can't do this. The heatshield will only fit the VR6 as the duct comes in from the other side. But fear not, if there is enough demand from G60 owners then I can develop a shield for the G60.

I'll have one as well!

I haven't fitted my K&N yet :)

Cheers,

Rica

Get it done soon! you dont know what fun you're missing out on!

:onfire: :bounce2: :multi:

had mine at amd this week along with a full miltek system.. been grinning like the village idiot who's discovered foreign cable n touching himself in the same week ahhaha .. a brilliant mod, not 2 bad on the motorway either

i shouldnt think it would be to hard to make your own,use a piece of cardboard as a template,just take your time and be patient(unlike me)

Heya,

Get it done soon! you dont know what fun you're missing out on!

Well, done it now :) Haven't taken her for a drive yet, though.

Any news on the shields? Just curious :D

Cheers,

Rica

News on the Shields is... Dave is waiting for me to go over for a "fitting" woo-hoo! :shock:

only thing is, i just cant seem to find the time to get over there!

Dave.... Will try later this week if i can, but looking more and more like next week! Will keep u posted mate.

Cheers.

Del.

:? Whats so difficult about making a heat shield. Get down to you local metal place, buy a bit of alloy sheet about 2mm approx 16" x 24" (you had better measure). Then start with a bit of rigid cardboard to make a template and mock it up transfer it to the metal and cut it out.

Then get down to you local scrappies and nab the boot seal of an old bmw E30 or similar and put it round the edge of the metal and bobs your uncle. One heat shield for about £20.

Do you wanna see pics of mine?

Heatshield update.

1st proto is partly finished, just need DELVR6 to come up for the fitting. See photo. Once I'm happy with the final item, the production units will quckly follow........sorry DEL but the pressure's on you mate.

As for price, I haven't worked it out yet but it will be less than £20.

Of course you can go ahead and make your own.

Dave

You will have to drill two small holes in the floor for Stainless Steel self tapping screws. On the filter side you will take the cone off, insert the duct, the shield sits up to a flange on the duct, then when you re-attach the cone it will trap the shield.

........sorry DEL but the pressure's on you mate.

Dave, is tomorow night any good? (Friday)

That pic looks quite good by the way

:Fade-color

:? Whats so difficult about making a heat shield.

Get down to you local metal place, buy a bit of alloy sheet about 2mm approx 16" x 24" (you had better measure). Then start with a bit of rigid cardboard to make a template and mock it up transfer it to the metal and cut it out.

Eliot, i dont think its about the difficutly alone in making one... Alot of its to do with the time and hassle of making one especially having seen Dave at work carefully measuring up etc... and looking at the pic, it looks like a real good quality piece of kit. (Dave's a bit of a perfectionist i found!)

I think that if you have the ability to make one that looks as good and professional as the one Dave has created, fair play to you. I know that if i tried, it wouldn't look anywhere near as good, and it would end up making my engine bay look a bit poor and tacky.

Sorry didnt mean to sound so abrupt, just the way i read the posts people where wanting to know how to make your own as there was mention of plans, didnt read the whole thing daves16v look pretty good, didnt mean anything towards what you where doing.

DEL, thanks for the support.

I'm gonna say no to tomorrow as I'm not prepared for it. Apart from that I'm really suffering with Hay Fever at the moment, my eyes are playing up big time. Can we do it early next week? Let me know?

Cheers

Dave