Sign in to follow this  
Thom

Halford's "Universal Paint Code"

Hi,

Went to Halfords today to get a tin of paint made up as I wanted it today (usually buy it online) and they tell me I need a "Universal paint code"? I gave the guy the VW code (LC6U for Classic Green) and he said that they couldn't use it and I should be able to get another code for them to work from.

Anyone else had this?

Cheers....

I asked for LA9V black and they told me its no longer on the database as its too old :brickwall: And I thought they claimed on there ads that they mix paints for older cars :cuckoo:

I went to halfords to get some recently (LC4T), and they told me it wasn't on the list and that i must have the wrong code, but when i showed them the photo of the boot sticker they tried again and eventually mixed up some C4T, and all was well........colour seemed a good match to until i tried to laquer it :lol:

halfords paint is not a good match , add the "new boy mixing it "a few years polish and sun fade and theres not a hope in hell of getting a good match dealers are better but not perfect

Rob

saw this advertised in store today and was kinda tempted, i won't bother now :lol:

When did they start doing this....Tbh Halfords is shit for everything, shame it's so convenient!

halfords paint is not a good match , add the "new boy mixing it "a few years polish and sun fade and theres not a hope in hell of getting a good match dealers are better but not perfect

Rob

2x

I got some inca blue mixed a number of years ago and it wasnt even close to a match.

Ive always had a better result at halfords getting touch up mixed up than getting the dealer touch ups,think its DuPont paint scheme at my local branch..