daves16v

Rear 'VR6' badge position?

After having my rear panel painted I want my 'VR6' badge back on but want it in the right position as it left the factory. I'm assuming it is positioned centrally between the Corrado script badge and the bottom of the panel? As for left/right position should it align with the end of the script badge?

Thanks

Dave

Quick member gallery search reveals the slope on the 6 aligns with the slope on the O so it actually sits slightly to left.

What you sticking it on with Dave, need to do mine

AJ

I've got some double sided tape from Halfords, the stuff for sticking trim on with but if I remember it looks a little too thick compared with the stuff that's still on the back of the badge. I'll dig it out and let you know.

I don't think so. When I took it off, a couple of days ago, the backing tape remnants looked original.

This picture measures from the bottom of the rear panel, rather than using the top of the bumper as a reference.

IMG_3272.jpg[/attachment:32aqlmue]

What you sticking it on with Dave, need to do mine

AJ

I've got some double sided tape from Halfords, the stuff for sticking trim on with but if I remember it looks a little too thick compared with the stuff that's still on the back of the badge. I'll dig it out and let you know.

Just had a look Adam, the Halfords tape is the same thickness so will give that a try. If you haven't got any, pick a strip up when you're passing but you'll have to fix it on there and then as there is only backing on 1 side when you pull it off the roll.

Thanks Dave, i'll get the lock stuff back to you as well

Adam

Did you manage to sort your lock?

No mate, tried getting the lock out the barrel but ended up breaking a bit off the barrel! Picking a new one up from VAG today, 45 quid

AJ

No mate, tried getting the lock out the barrel but ended up breaking a bit off the barrel! Picking a new one up from VAG today, 45 quid

AJ

Are talking about the ignition lock or door lock?

Just found this post and am going to try to remove the VR6 badge which was stuck on the left side by the paint shop. Hope the old tape doesn't rip the paint off or scar it?! Oh well, suck it and see I guess. BTW - thanks for the close up images!

Thanks for posting this ,have just sent it to the body shop , so it will be in the right place .

Rob