Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

9a with KR head owners.. help please

Hello All

I have an late body valver 2.0l 16v with early interior 1992. I have recently fitted a KR head, Is there anybody out there done the same? I need help with the wiring/senders and sensors on the dizzy side of the head.

I cant get the car to idle and the ISV doesnt seem to hmmmm as it should so Im thinking its a problem with these senders.. with my car being a 9a and the head being KR I dont have the same senders and connectors?? Any pics would be great

Does the fuel system on my 9a have adjustment for the idle? I have the screw on TB, should there be one on the airbox like on a KR?

Any help would be great

(Mods I would put this in my build thread but its not often people reply)

ISV is controlled/ switched on by microswitch on the throttle body, check its making contact.

there is a mixture screw on the airbox but its factory set and covered by a 'tamper' proof plug, the 2ltr mixture shouldn't be adjusted like a kr, its controlled by a solenoid on the side of the metering head instead.

the screw on the TB is for adjusting air supply during idle only.

i don't know much more than that about 9a's am afraid.

its odd cause my ISV looks different than the one on my daily and the TB is different to my daily :gag: :lol:

may or maynot help..

:shrug:

If not may be handy for someone later.

good luck.

That is helpful, thats how mine is but the car only has the 1 2 pin plug

Got my Bosch book out here, says the coolant temp sender is a major input to the ecu, if that isnt plugged in will be running lean at start up.

might have sussed the idle problem but I cant check it out till friday. I hate the car being in blackwood ( 30mins away) :evil:

this is how the senders should be on a KR but my ECU etc is 9a so looking at my daily and the 2 pin on the daily is top right of the water flange so I might put it there if the hole is the same size. would doing this make a difference? Should I set the head up like in the pic or like my daily?

g2sensors16v.jpg