Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Anyone got a picture of relay/fuse box (with A/C) (tips??)

Anyone got a picture with all relay's and fuses installed from a late VR6 with A/C ?.

I'm starting to think I might be missing some relay's for the A/C (can't find number 13)...:(

Can anyone tell me if 13 is supposed to be in POS 1?

Also - just to make sure, I presume the relay isn't in the engine bay? (can't remember what it's for but it's that big "lump" with 2 fuses on sitting in front of the water "tank") - any idea if that might have anything to do with the A/C?.

There seem to be something wrong with wiring/fuse/relay as I can't get 12V to the compressor clutch thingy....:(

Can anyone tell me if 13 is supposed to be in POS 1?

Also - just to make sure, I presume the relay isn't in the engine bay? (can't remember what it's for but it's that big "lump" with 2 fuses on sitting in front of the water "tank") - any idea if that might have anything to do with the A/C?.

There seem to be something wrong with wiring/fuse/relay as I can't get 12V to the compressor clutch thingy....:(

This may be of no help for you as I have an oem a.c. system...

I have an a.c. relay in pos. 1 in the fusebox, as well as a fuse. THen, in engine bay, I have another relay for the a.c. compressor clutch, attached to the radiator fan housing.

hope it helps. What's the problem with yours? I've had an incredible research on corrado a.c. system for the climatronic retrofit I did last months, I may be of some help if you say what is wrong with yours.

edit:

ok now I see you aren't getting 12v on the clutch. I would start by bypassing a.c. pressure switches and a.c. evaporator temperature sender. If still there's no 12v there, grab a multimeter and check that you get 12v on the a.c. evaporator temp switch pins. At least on my a.c., all current goes FIRSTLY through the a.c. evap temp switch.

is that the connector that sits beside the radiator?.

Mine doesn't have a relay nr 13 - or it's hidden somewhere, the nr 1 slot in the relay box is all empty :(

(the system is an OEM - original fitted R134 gas system).

Mine doesn't have a relay nr 13 - or it's hidden somewhere, the nr 1 slot in the relay box is all empty :(

I once was told that UK corrados were dealer fitted aircon, so unless yours was imported, it won't (probably) have an OEM a.c. :(

There is a connector attached to the radiator, which (in my car) is for a.c. clutch

In addition, if you look under-behind the dash on p/side, you will see the recirculated air flap and you may even see (hope to!) two wires which are for the a.c. evaporator temperature switch. One of these two wires should show +12v when you switch on the a.c.

I once was told that UK corrados were dealer fitted aircon, so unless yours was imported, it won't (probably) have an OEM a.c. :(

There is a connector attached to the radiator, which (in my car) is for a.c. clutch

In addition, if you look under-behind the dash on p/side, you will see the recirculated air flap and you may even see (hope to!) two wires which are for the a.c. evaporator temperature switch. One of these two wires should show +12v when you switch on the a.c.

I'm in Norway - so my C is a German import - so it's factory fitted...

I'l try to get up some pics in a few days - if you happen to have any pics of these parts also, would be nice if you eventually could add some pics here :)

http://s3.subirimagenes.com/fondosycapt ... 33mail.jpg

you should deffo have a nr. 13 relay in there. make sure that you also have the a.c. fuse. The fact that you don't have that relay there, makes me think that one of the previous owners may have had some fuse blowing issues (maybe not) and removed the relay, so be careful and have ALWAYS a fire extinguisher next to you when you're working on wirings.. :nuts:

try to get a relay off a passat/golf/seat toledo etc and come back with fresh news so I can help you as much as I can :o

btw, do you have the corrado wiring diagrams? I can send them to you by mail if you don't already have them, A.C. is covered there 8)

http://s3.subirimagenes.com/fondosycapturas/2477733mail.jpg

you should deffo have a nr. 13 relay in there. make sure that you also have the a.c. fuse. The fact that you don't have that relay there, makes me think that one of the previous owners may have had some fuse blowing issues (maybe not) and removed the relay, so be careful and have ALWAYS a fire extinguisher next to you when you're working on wirings.. :nuts:

try to get a relay off a passat/golf/seat toledo etc and come back with fresh news so I can help you as much as I can :o

btw, do you have the corrado wiring diagrams? I can send them to you by mail if you don't already have them, A.C. is covered there 8)

I have also bad feelings about some of the wiring gremlins in here (just starting to have a look at em after the rebuild) - I'm amazed at what people do when it comes to wiring........just have to get it all sorted out (it's not all that bad - seem as most of it have to do with the stereo wiring) - gona try to solder back the wires they cut and "clamped" together......

Any idea if that number 13 is an expensive relay or?.

Also am I supposed to have a 56?.

If the wiring is in the bentley I have it - but feel free to tell me the pages that covers it ;)

corr90wd.pdf[/attachment:3jrhwqru]

Not sure about the relay number, sorry :( I have the one you can see in the picture and it works...

however, vr6' rad fan is controlled by the 'box' you can see next to the coolant tank, and this doesn't appear in the wirings I have attached I think... but... should the aircon wirings be the same? i don't know

Found a wiring diagram for a 94 - and if I read this thing correctly that control module is here, but also seem that there is a relay inside the car:

http://www.corrado.com.pl/elektryka/corrado94.pdf

it also says one can jump terminal 1 (T4b/1) and terminal 2 (T4b/2) to engage the clutch (page: 87-38 - bentley). but unsure if they mean to just jump the harness plug of the fan control module or if it's on the pressure switch harness they mean - any idea?.

Also if you look at page 2 there is where I think I see the control module - and also a relay inside the car (at top)?.

i'm not sure which relays are being discussed here tbh, but i'll give it a shot. I ahve three relays 'behind' the glove box and thre are teh two relays in the engine bay controlling whether the aircon comes on with the cooling fan (one is black one green, although i have now replaced the green one). Havent checked the relay panel, but i'll have a look later today hopefully. Give Tandino a shout, he's just retrofitted an install in his car.

i'm not sure which relays are being discussed here tbh, but i'll give it a shot. I ahve three relays 'behind' the glove box and thre are teh two relays in the engine bay controlling whether the aircon comes on with the cooling fan (one is black one green, although i have now replaced the green one). Havent checked the relay panel, but i'll have a look later today hopefully. Give Tandino a shout, he's just retrofitted an install in his car.

The relay's in question is the ones with number 13 and 56 stamped on em - according to bentley nr 13 is supposed to sit in slot nr 1 in the fuse-box thingy. But I'm a bit unsure if it might have been relocated (due to this car being a late model) or removed from mine.

right then, I haven't thought about relay13 reallocation... :?

If so, a.c. compressor clutch may be faulty. Quick test is to give it +12v and gnd directly into its electrical connector. if you can't hear a ¡¡CLASCH!! then you have found (one of the several) faulty(s).

If you DO hear the CLACK coming from the compressor internals, then first thing I would do is to check the following by using a multimeter:

1. turn on A.C., set blower fan on speed > 0, select air to windscreen.

2. check if you get +12v on the evaporator temp switch terminals

3. check for +12v on a.c. pressure switch (it has 4 pins, there should be 2 for high and 2 for low press as both switches are assembled together)

4. check for +12v on a.c. compressor plug, it has 2 pins as well.

A.C. (I think) system gets 12v from the fuse box and, by using several relays/senders etc, follows the above order (1,2,3,4) so if you find 12v on one point and then 0v in the following one, there you have found the problem.

If you can't see +12v anywhere, then I would pull out lower parcel shelves/a.c. controls and dials and switches and backtrace the a.c. switch wirings to the fusebox and see into what plug(and pin) they are connected; then come back here and post the results :)

btw, why are you talking about rad fan relays? I thought you had a problem with AC only

To me it seem like the bentley talks about jumping the harness of the fan-control module to get power to the clutch - I think these 2 systems are interconnected somehow - as if the car get's to hot it will shut of the A/C system to prioritize cooling of engine........I'm not sure about this though - it might also be that the jumping they talk about is something on the pressure control valve of the AC system.

I'm going out now to see if I can make any sense of this...lol....:)

atleast been able to verify that the clutch works by supplying 12V to it.

The harness that goes into the control valve is in my car a square harness with 4 wires. (in bentley it seem to be a harness where 4 wires in a row), but to me it seem like the resistance between 2 of the terminals changes slightly if button "norm" is pressed, and then getting lower when the "max" button is engaged.

Unsure which of them that can be "jumped", and also unsure where it goes further.

any idea where the clutch get's it's feed from ? - does it come straight from the fuse box or?.

also the 2 30Amp fuses in the fusebox seem to be ok............I'm starting to wonder if it might just be a missing relay.........any idea how this relay number 13 can be "jumped" - just to check output ?

can't help with the relay jumping, as I don't have access to my relay ATM :(

have you checked for 12v on evaporator temperature switch? It's the first thing of the a.c. harness to get +12v so if there is no 12v, then you will have to look for a faulty a.c. switch or even the missing relay. I would buy that one off ebay that I posted on the first page, looks cheap IMO.

However, grab a multimeter and check the evaporator temp switch with a.c. ON and fan speed > 0 ... if there's no +12v, it may be because of the relay/switch/wiring from fusebox to switch.

If I were you, I would firstly check if you can see +12v on the evap.tmp.switch. if not, buy the relay off ebay.

I'l check - I doubt I'l get anything as the relay isn't in there - wonder why they have removed it in the first place - nothing amazes me with people and car electric anymore.

Just found a speaker wire that was cut - then re-fitted with a cable connector boot with 0.5m cable connected - into another boot and about 0.5m cable then going back to the other part of the line that they firstly cut........lol....

I'l check - I doubt I'l get anything as the relay isn't in there - wonder why they have removed it in the first place - nothing amazes me with people and car electric anymore.

Just found a speaker wire that was cut - then re-fitted with a cable connector boot with 0.5m cable connected - into another boot and about 0.5m cable then going back to the other part of the line that they firstly cut........lol....

yes, probably it'll need the relay, but who knows... or maybe it was removed because of some a.c. faulty..

The first time I took out the dash, I found a speaker wire which was about ...¿0.75m long? .. well, it was made of 5 short wires and all wrapped with duct tape.........

The second (and last!) time I took out the dash I had a deeper look into wirings and I was surprised at the wiring mess that had been previously done to the car :(

so it wouldn't be a surprise if the a.c. relay has been bridged using wires from behind the fusebox, or who knows... that's why I asked you to check for +12v on the evap temp switch... it would be good news if you found 0v!!!

I found one having +12V - the black/yellow wire on the picture below:

the harness:

DSC_1606.jpg?t=1276696450

DSC_1608.jpg?t=1276696281

other side:

DSC_1609.jpg?t=1276696280

control switch:'

DSC_1607.jpg?t=1276696283

and the missing relay:

DSC_1614.jpg?t=1276696275

WOW! At least in my car, all a.c. harness is fed by a.c. evaporator temp switch, then power goes to the pressure switches (similar to the one you have in the pictures) and then, if everything is right, activates the relay (that you're missing).

I would borrow that relay from a friend or buy it in a scrap yard or ebay...

here is the reason why I was talking about fan control module - as the clutch seem to get it's 12V from the fan control module........just wondering if that might have the relay 13 "integrated" somwhow but I guess I'l just get hold of one and try.

cutout-1.png?t=1276697257

woh, can't help you with it, I own an early valver..

but I read a post somewhere in this forum (or clubgti maybe) of someone saying that when rad fan kicked in, a.c. clutch also did; and the failure was a diode located somewhere in the wire you have encircled in your last post.

climatronic also needs info of the current coolant temperature in order to stop the a.c. compressor, and it's taken from the same wire you say as well.

I have been googleing for a picture of the relay 13 diagram, but I can't find it. It may be a "normal" double relay, but sorry I can't remember :(

well now, looking at the wiring diagrams you posted, I can see that the a.c. system on your car is really different from mine :( It has a lot of wires, while mine has only a few :nuts:

So my help is not useful, sorry :( I would buy that relay off ebay and then pray...

actually found that the switches inside seem to operate the harness on the control valve - I got +12V on one of the other wires as well when switch set to "norm" or "max" - the 2 still seem to be set to "ground"......

Realy not sure the wiring diagram is exactly the same as I have on the car - that's why I'm wondering if it might be controlled in the fan-control module (ie no relay 13)........I have to do some more research....:)