Sign in to follow this  
harryc

Servicing querey - Filters...

I've just serviced the car replacing all filters and fluids but had two problems;

1) When i removed the fuel filter and casing both arrows were pointing from the engine towards the fuel tank. This didnt make sense to me so i've refitted with the arrows going in the direction of flow (from tank to engine) is this correct?

2) I've had the footwell and blower out and apart and cant find the pollen filter anywhere. Unless im being extremely stupid the last guy that fitted the backwards fuel filter also never refitted a cabin filter..

1) yep, arrows should now be pointing the right way,

2) no pollen flter on a mk2 golf/corrado, you can get a small jetex clip on one but they strangle the blower somewhat

Thanks for the reply, i seem to get a lot of cr2p blowing through the vents, is this normal with no filter then? The guy at the motorfactor sold me a pollen filter for the car!

Thanks for the reply, i seem to get a lot of cr2p blowing through the vents, is this normal with no filter then? The guy at the motorfactor sold me a pollen filter for the car!

yeah, you could go half way and clip a bit of finer gauze over the leaf cover in the scuttle area

Cheers for the advice, new fuel filter seems to have cured the miss fire as well! :clap:

Probably more to do with the old one being fitted the wrong way round :lol:

Pollen filter - bloody motor factors!

1) yep, arrows should now be pointing the right way,

2) no pollen flter on a mk2 golf/corrado, you can get a small jetex clip on one but they strangle the blower somewhat

It does but at the same time the reduction in gunk coming into the heater system will help preserve the life, and therefore effectivness of the blower motor, a new motor also makes a massive difference in terms of flow.

I had the same problem on mine where bits of leaves were coming through the interior vents when I had the blowers on. You have to give the scuttle area a good vacum.

I also used a vacum cleaner dust filter on mine...the ones you cut to shape. I just cut an oversize filter over the blower mesh so that it can be held by something elastic to tie it in place.