Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Clicking sound when on full lock

When I turn the steering wheel on full lock I had hear a faint clicking type noise coming from the front of the car (obviously something to do with the steering). It happens when I need to turn both directions on full lock....any ideas what it might be?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before

Thanks, Jason

Is it a slight knock at the limit of the steering travel and just the one knock? Does it do it at the start of the journey only?

If so, I had that many years ago. Got it on the ramp and didn't find a single thing wrong with it, LOL!

The noise eventually went after replacing the steering rack (not to cure that noise), but if you're getting into that sort of money, I'd live with it personally :D

Does it do it when the car is moving on full lock, i.e. turning round/parking? If so that sounds like CV joints.

If you're simply turning the steering to full lock then I don't think it would be CV's and think you'd then be looking in to steering components.

Does it do it when the car is moving on full lock, i.e. turning round/parking? If so that sounds like CV joints.

If you're simply turning the steering to full lock then I don't think it would be CV's and think you'd then be looking in to steering components.

I can hear it when i pull out of a parking space and when i pull off my driveway...