Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

Aaaargh cant decide on what car next

god i'm like a women at the moment, i had decided on keeping the BM and just getting a cheapish estate for the daily dog duties/taking crap down the skip etc etc, then i went and had a mk5 gti for a few days and loved it, went to take it make to the garage and discuss money when in the two days i had the golf they had one of these in http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-56-SEAT-LEON ... 414b1e8538 and i loved it more than the golf :shock: there is more room inside the boot is larger and believe it or not the whole car felt tighter and more responsive. I also like it because you dont see many around and with a re-map it will not be shy.

thoughts??

You'd rather have one of those than a 540? Are you crazy?! That Leon is utterly uninspiring... a remap is one thing and yeah it might be quick but the soulless engine note and painfully dull looks make it a completely unappealing prospect.

yeh i see what your saying Jim, but i need a car that will do everything and apart from an audi s4 estate i just dont like any other esate, so looking at an hatchback, IF i could afford to run the 540 and run another car then i would, but just cant justify the expense at the moment.

sod it i'm putting the missus on the game, all those 50p's will soon add up :lol:

yeh i see what your saying Jim, but i need a car that will do everything and apart from an audi s4 estate i just dont like any other esate, so looking at an hatchback, IF i could afford to run the 540 and run another car then i would, but just cant justify the expense at the moment.

sod it i'm putting the missus on the game, all those 50p's will soon add up :lol:

Any pics?

Of the missus :lol:

How about a Passat W8 Estate...? :)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1744933.htm

Practical, quick, sleeper ;)

i was looking at them about 18months ago Jim, you think a 540 is expensive to run!! i priced up some front brake discs and from vw they cost £450 the pads were £180 and that is just two of the part prices i remember.

i like the fact that in this pic he has zero'd the mileage, probably because even on a run you will not get one of these over 25mpg and around town you will be lucky to get 15mpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1897101.htm

I hear nothing but praise for Skoda dealerships... apparently they actually understand the concept of customer service! Not necessarily a TDI but you can the VRS petrol as an estate too... more interesting than a Leon! :)

had one and hated it, i'm only 40 Jim not a retired bloody geography teahcer with a flat cap and a tweed jacket.

So you want practicality and performance but you don't want the associated costs. I understand that... but I think you're going to have to make a compromise somewhere to be honest!

So you want practicality and performance but you don't want the associated costs. I understand that... but I think you're going to have to make a compromise somewhere to be honest!

i dont mind about the associated costs that much Jim, but seriously a w8 passat is mega money in parts as lots of the parts are w8 specific, and like i said earlier the only estate i like is an audi s4, if not i would just go and get a bmw 540i sport tourer but they are pig ugly i think.

anyway, anyone on here live close to bedligton near northumberland??

just seen this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-AUDI-S4-not- ... 3f02119076 doesnt seem tooo bad but you can never tell until you actually see it.

and you say the new Leon is ugly?? sorry but i think this looks ace compared to a mk5 golf.

I attended a RR day, a bloke had one of these and it made 346bhp :shock: after a remap and few subtle tweeks.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1897101.htm

I hear nothing but praise for Skoda dealerships... apparently they actually understand the concept of customer service! Not necessarily a TDI but you can the VRS petrol as an estate too... more interesting than a Leon! :)

had one and hated it, i'm only 40 Jim not a retired bloody geography teahcer with a flat cap and a tweed jacket.

Not long ago you were saying you missed it - make ya mind up! :lol: :cuckoo: Love my vRS, and think the newest version is even better :luvlove:

Heheh.. I thought I was indecisive. Karl makes me look someone who's already made every single decision already for the rest of his life ;)

well the BMW is staying :D had some intrest in the car and even had a guy with 5.5k in he's hand but just cant part with it, the best was when i went to Seat to view/buy a 08 plate leon 2.0t and the sales manager said "your gonna sell that bmw and drive a seat instead?? are you mad"

so just going to buy a cheapish mk4 golf for daily duties and dog walking, and get ready for some pics when i got all the bits together for the charger thats going onto the BMW.

karl

and the sales manager said "your gonna sell that bmw and drive a seat instead?? are you mad"

karl

He talk da truth!

Good call Karl 8)

sales manager said "your gonna sell that bmw and drive a seat instead?? are you mad"

I think I said something similar a few pages back ;) The man speaks the truth ;)

yeh cheers guys, no matter what i drove including a 2006 a4 2.0t and a 08 plate leon 2.0t and a 07 plate skoda 2.0tdi, they were just not a patch on the BM.