Sign in to follow this  
Jim

2.0 16v is really lumpy at lower revs..

Now that it's all taxed and MOT'd up, have dragged the valver out from under the car cover and been using it again for the last week or two. She's running ok apart from this irritating lumpyness / hesitation at lower revs (up to about 3000RPM), and seemingly more when cold (first 10-15 minutes of driving). If you start to accelerate it's literally like you're coming off the throttle and the power dips and then goes back up again as you try to build up revs. It's always done it to a certain extent when pulling away in first gear (which makes getting out of a junction in a hurry fun) but seems to be more reproducable in any gear in lower revs.

Ordinarily I'd be thinking "blue temp sensor" on something like a G60 but not sure about the old valver. Thinking of doing HT leads as they're 3-4 years old now and were only cheapy ones anyway... any other suggestions?

Cheers.

I had done in the past when I was getting starting problems in the morning but must admit I'd not revisited that.

Thing I want to know with the 5th injector - what causes it to keep running on? I've changed it once for a better condition 2nd hand one.. is it actually the 5th injector itself to blame or is something else actually causing it to run on?

lambda is a possibility,

you've had new injectors, 3yr old plug leads shouldn't be a problem, you car is well maintained otherwise,

only other thing might be the metering head itself, and unfortunately you did get water in your fuel a while back, could be internal corrosion related to that.