Sign in to follow this  
neuon2003

Mystery cable -VR6

Can anyone tell me where this cable goes? It is part of the wiring connectors and cable tidy which sit on the front engine mount. It is yellow with a black stripe and is attached to the loom going to the black plug. When taking the front end off, I only removed the two connectors for the fans, AFAIR.

The same cable is shown in the last picture which is from the Wiki on chain replacement.

Thanks.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf1.jpg[/attachment:2vmli1gz]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf2.jpg[/attachment:2vmli1gz]

5.jpg[/attachment:2vmli1gz]

it goes nowhere! Covered quite extensively in various threads. Nothing to worry about.

I'd be more concerned about the gap where the engine mount should be :lol:

Seriously though, that wire is redundant. It might be a trigger wire for A/C or something on cars with it fitted, or EGR or something.

it goes nowhere! Covered quite extensively in various threads. Nothing to worry about.

Most kind.

I'd be more concerned about the gap where the engine mount should be :lol:

Seriously though, that wire is redundant. It might be a trigger wire for A/C or something on cars with it fitted, or EGR or something.

Ah ha! So, not me this time. Hurrah! :). Engine mount! You must have been watching me yesterday. Rebuilt the front end (my first time) so I could move the car: rad support panel, crossmember, front bumper iron, put the rad back in, topped up the coolant and PAS fluid, went to take out the support under the sump/gearbox and then noticed what I had missed :roll: .