Sign in to follow this  
UseOnceDestroy

Knocking when pulling away or stopping ...

I've been getting a weird knocking or 'clunk' if you like when I pull away or break to a stop ...

I put it up on a ramp and checked out the suspension on the front end as this is where it was coming from, gave the drivers side wheel a bit of movement and a lot of creaking and knocking came about, so I assumed this was my problem. I fitted some coilovers and new top mounts and bearings today, thinking this would solve the problem ... bollocks, it hasn't.

Any ideas of what to look at next?

Cheers

what about steering rack?? mines at D&G now getting a new one put on after having knocking noises when pulling away

Cheers lads, will have a look at those possibilities next ... thats what I love about Corrado's ... there is always something broken to spend your money on ...

Might be brake pads moving slightly in the calipers causing a knock. They move forwards against the caliper when you brake and then get pushed back again when you pull away. I second the engine mounts although thats more noticable when pulling away i found. Also loose cv joint can make a similar noise. Mine made a terrible noise when it threw a couple of the bolts into the gearbox and tried to seperate itself from the car! Good luck.