Sign in to follow this  
neuon2003

Doors off. What about the cables?

I need to take the doors off but an unsure about what you do with the door cables and central locking air tube. Do they all need to be unclipped and fed out of the door, or are there some connectors near the hinges? Thanks

Hi Andrew,

No connectors near the hinge i'm afraid so its door cards off then unplug all the wires at their clips then feed them through into the holes near the hinges, not a hard job but damn fiddley to get them back in in the correct place.

Worth making a note or taking a photo of which line the cables/wires take for re installation.

Took me about 40 mins each to remove and a bit more to put back! trick is to give yourself loads of time rather than an hour :wink:

There are jack plugs located at the fuse box area for the drivers door. You can disconnect each then remove the door without removing the doorcards. I am sure it's the sane fir the passenger side, I removed my drivers door last week to replace the hinge pin.

There are jack plugs located at the fuse box area for the drivers door. You can disconnect each then remove the door without removing the doorcards. I am sure it's the sane fir the passenger side, I removed my drivers door last week to replace the hinge pin.

100% right.

Ah really, will be looking for them in future :roll:

Does the passenger side stop near the door too then or does it feed through behind the dash to the fuse box area?

Hi Paul et al,

Many thanks for the info. Will have a root around the fuse box.

On both sides I presume that the central locking tube has to be unclipped and fed out? Am thinking about chopping it and re-joining using some aquarium air line hose fittings, if I can (a) find the right diameter and (b) the fittings will work with the rigid pipe.

Ah really, will be looking for them in future :roll:

Does the passenger side stop near the door too then or does it feed through behind the dash to the fuse box area?

^^ +1 ? :)

Worth making a note or taking a photo of which line the cables/wires take for re installation.

Good idea on the photos. Currently I must have about 50 little polybags all labelled up with what everything is for and have also used a Dymo label maker to label plugs and cables. But, I am starting to forget what things look like when assembled.

Although thinking about it it is probably just as fiddley to remove all the plugs (etc) from the area around the fuse box, and there is the added risk of accidentally unclipping a few wires without knowing about it i guess :?

I think i'll still look at the fuse tray removel option though as it is probably a bit easier :lol:

Hi Andrew,

No connectors near the hinge i'm afraid so its door cards off then unplug all the wires at their clips then feed them through into the holes near the hinges, not a hard job but damn fiddley to get them back in in the correct place.

Took me about 40 mins each to remove and a bit more to put back! trick is to give yourself loads of time rather than an hour :wink:

Dont tell me you removed the doors to clean the wires?! :lol:

Lol! Not quite Baz :lol: removed to paint the sills on the VR properly as i'm guessing this is what Andrew is up to too :grin: