Sign in to follow this  
rado2

your opinons please

Your opinion please went to my garage today to have my milltek decat and cat back exhaust fitted and what a nightmare does not fit too well and cant stop it knockin on the axle which is a bit annoying . but whilst under the car the technician noticed this . see photos. Had the axle bushes done at the main dealers a couple of weeks ago maybe less, and the technician at the garage today went a bit crazy to see that it was leaking brake fluid to the point the resevoir was nearly empty which i had not noticed seeing as it was done at the main dealer didnt think to check it. also the brake compensator has been cut from the axle and welded back on by a 2 year old and when i went back to the garage to complain they told me thats the only way to do it with a corrado mk2 golf and mk3 golfs is this true. i think its a lie as the allen key bolts on the compensator are all rounded off . i just feel that this kind of work from a main dealer is unacceptable am i being too fussy or would you agree thanks for your input in advance .

09082010046.jpg09082010047.jpg09082010048.jpg

Bad workmanship plain and simple! If you wanted a job doing to a sh#te standard you could have taken it to dodgy bob's auto's for a quater of the price! They must know they've made a balls up and are hoping to fob you off! Threaten them with trading standards! They could of killed you at the end of the day!

Don't thinl you're being too fussy at all. I would probably be in custody for attempted murder. Apart from the butchered bracket you say that it's been leaking brake fluid. What if you had only found that out whie trying to stop at lights or a crossing.

I would be demanding to see the mamger, writing to VAG and enclosing your pictures along with a statement from the techie who discovered it. The dealers mechanic?? has already confirmed to you that they did the work and did it as described and displayed the in your pics. I would also hint at the possibility of legal action.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in expecting your car to be roadworthy after work done by a main dealer.

firstly name and shame, secondly get to see the service manager and get him to look at it, if he gives you loads of bull then dont leave until you see the main manager.

thats disgusting.

Good god... I'd be getting an independent assessment / engineers report on that and going back to the stealership to demand that it's put right!

I think you're being very unfair....

about 2 year olds, mine is two and I'm sure he could weld better than that :nuts:

You need to go back to the dealers and make them sit up and take notice that you're serious about this, mentioning Trading Standards is a good start. If they don't react to it, then actually contact them and copy a letter to the dealers. They will know you mean business at least then. Best of luck mate.

that's horrendous, and that is not the only way it can be done!

so you have a bit of background when debating with these morons, the reason they've chopped that bracket, is the brake regulator bolts look like they're seized, if you cant remove the regulator then you cant get the axle mounting bolt out as the regulator sits in the way as it slides out that way, i'm guessing they had neither a spare mounting bolt nor a spare regulator in stock (forward planning?).

what they should of done is mark the mounting brackets position and unbolted the whole assembly from the chassis, they could of then ground the regulator bolts off and got on as normal!

this is what i had to do to mine as have many others, make your complaint on that basis.

EDIT - sorry got excited and blurted before i'd read your post properly, you know the score :salute:

thanks for the replys been off line for ages computer been shagged . Well an update for you is i took your advice and went back to the stealers and they were very coy about the whole thing tried to tell me it was not that bad and that it was not leaking brake fluid so with this i did lose my rag somewhat left the car with them thinking it would get sorted . Next day they phoned me up told me it was all sorted so went over to pick the car up. fair enough brake fliud leak had been fixed that was never leaking :censored: and as for the axle itself well its just been rewelded up to a poor standard and guess thats as good as it gets . the guy even admitted to me that he had ringed the allen key nuts off on the compensator so could not get it off and didnt want to remove the whole axel . So i think what i will do now is send a letter and a copy of the photos to vw themselves just to let them know the standard of main dealership work and maybe they will do something about it .