Sign in to follow this  
RadoVirgin

Fullrun HP199 Tyres AVOID at all costs!!!!

Hi all, just thought I'd give everyone a heads up on these tyres. I purchased my VR6 months ago and the previous owner has put these tyres on the rear of the car. They are Fullrun HP199 215/35r18 and they are nothing short of dangerous!!

I first began to notice the problem as I began to drive the car faster into corners and the back end let go on a dry road. This is extremely amplified in the wet! I have had the back end of the car step out at as little as 30mph in light drizzle.

My worst and most terrifying experience was on a country road between the town of uppingham and rockingham which was one of my all time favourite roads. The back end began to drift at 70mph and I only managed to catch it because of some past experience in kart racing. I dread to think what might have happened.

Anyone who considers buying these tyres will commit an :epicfail:

Unfortunately it seems Dom the previous owner was definitely a style over substance man, i thought you had thrown those awful wheels and tyres away by now!!

I am pete have just been waiting for some cash to come available, should be a matter of a couple of weeks now. Gonna go with rota force 17x8 all round and head for more of a fast road setup. The car is going to JKM in portsmouth at the end of the month for a full mechanical checkup, service and dyno run. I'll let you know how I get on!

i wouldnt think such a low profile on a cheap tyre was helping the grip either as there's less give in the (probably hard?) tyre to let it bite into the road.

I am pete have just been waiting for some cash to come available, should be a matter of a couple of weeks now. Gonna go with rota force 17x8 all round and head for more of a fast road setup. The car is going to JKM in portsmouth at the end of the month for a full mechanical checkup, service and dyno run. I'll let you know how I get on!

Nice one!

Rota force's will look a tad better!!

Makes me laugh - people spend money on 18" wheels then buy the cheapest tyres going.

18" wheels must almost make a Corrado undriveable too!

If i'm being honest the handling is shocking at the moment and it's really getting me down lol. I'm really looking forward to getting it sorted

Makes me laugh - people spend money on 18" wheels then buy the cheapest tyres going.

And spending £1000s on a turbo conversion and run the standard fuel pump :roll:

You only need to stick the name into Google and boy are there some horror stories about those tyres!

... Gonna go with rota force 17x8 all round ...

Good man! :cheers: They are great wheels, although I am biased. What colour are you getting?

I have white ones 8)

corrado_moody_small.jpg

My car is classic green pearl so probably bronze ones. Are yours just ET35 all round?

I was thinking about going for parada spec 2 205/40R17 tyres all round

It would be ok if the previous owner hadn't spent £600+ on aftermarket headlights, fogs and rear lights :cuckoo:

TBH there not a huge amount better in the wet. Look in the Tyre discussion thread for whats hot and whats not.

My car is classic green pearl so probably bronze ones. Are yours just ET35 all round?

Yep 8x17 ET35 all round, perfect imo.

Not tried Perada's before but they sound budgety to me. I've got the Kumho KU31's on mine, they're cheap (205/40/17's are £45 plus p+p each on Camskill.co.uk) but they get good reviews, and I can't really knock them so far, not the best tyre but they're certainly not the worst I've had and my car's pushing 280bhp! I think they've been replaced now with the KH31's which got even better reviews and only a tiny bit more expensive 8)

Hankook V12 Evo's or Hankook RS2 if you fancy something a little bit more track focused but still good in the wet.

Parada's are good in the dry but awful in the damp which is something to consider in this country!!

TBH there not a huge amount better in the wet. Look in the Tyre discussion thread for whats hot and whats not.

yeah... but the tread pattern looks amazing! :nuts:

I saw a 993RS, yes, a genuine RS, not just a normal 993 with bodykit, getting fuel at Asda petrol station a couple of months ago! :cuckoo:

I have these tyres on the rear of my Golf. Pleased to say that I have had no issues with them.....................yet :norty:

I almost can't believe that there are people who even consider putting budget tyres on something like a VR6.

Ok it's an old car but still quick even modern standards. Putting zupercheap rubber on a 150mph car isn't just stupid, it's dangerous. If you can't afford to put at least a Toyo on the car you should be reconsidering whether you should be running it at all in my opinion.

Reading some of the forum threads referred to about the Fullruns is a real eye opener. A Googlesearch throws up so many owners' forum containing threads complaining about them it's almost funny.

Hell on my old focus I don't think I ever paid less than £40 a corner at trade prices, Avon ZV-3's or Falkens were the lowest I would go, T1-R' Proxes or Eagle F1's were always preferred though.

Currently have some Event Tyres on the 'rado, surprising grip in the dry. Not so surprising lacklustre performance in the wet. It's just lucky that the wipers limit the speed in the rain :p