Sign in to follow this  
RadoVirgin

Fullrun HP199 Tyres AVOID at all costs!!!!

Makes me laugh - people spend money on 18" wheels then buy the cheapest tyres going.

18" wheels must almost make a Corrado undriveable too!

And spending £1000s on a turbo conversion and run the standard fuel pump :roll:

I saw a 993RS, yes, a genuine RS, not just a normal 993 with bodykit, getting fuel at Asda petrol station a couple of months ago! :cuckoo:

That's because a 911 is more of a trophy car in this country. I've only ever seen a 911 driven hard on the roads twice! 996s, 997s, they spend their life in the slow lane doing 70. A complete waste of a pedigree car imo.

The older 993s and 964s tend to get some beans occasionally as they're affordable to young oiks like us now :D

Andy665 agrees with Kev twice in a week shocker :D

Good friend of mine has a really well sorted 993 and that gets driven as it was designed to be driven - hard but with a nod to mechanical sympathy - proving to be incredibly reliabe, wearing a few body scars but he bought it to drive and enjoy rather than to impress others

Your friend is a good man then /\ :D

I've driven a 993 once, which was Asim's (MoonlightVR), and I was lucky enough to be allowed to give it some boot and it was just such a composed and grunty car. I can't understand anyone who would buy a car like that and just use it for commuting and to go to Tescos in :cuckoo:

I think 911s around the country were reading this thread because, ironically, at lunchtime today I saw a 911 being driven hard on the A12 in front of me! Some matt black painted 997, slammed, fat wheels, VERY noisy exhaust and on Dubai plates??? Very strange.

Why not rotate them so they're on the front, and the better tyres are on the back...

at least then any understeer/aquaplaning you get is easier to control than oversteer and a pendulum-esque rear

Got toyo proxes t1r on mine at the moment, they are brilliant tyres wet or dry good price too.

SOP's to put Toyo's on my Corrado. The newer R's even seem to last a bit longer than the S's too. :salute:

I was thinking about going for parada spec 2 205/40R17 tyres all round

TBH there not a huge amount better in the wet. Look in the Tyre discussion thread for whats hot and whats not.

yeah... but the tread pattern looks amazing! :nuts:

+1!! Had these on a Civic Type-R and was always tempted to park it on full lock! :D

fullruns lol - i bought a car with those craps once ....they will kill you in the wet

yoko paradas are good tyres....loads of grip and wont let but the downfalls are:

- they are numb through the steering - you cant feel the raod

- they want to follow the ditches in the road (due to large shoulder pattern)

personally i don't think they suit these lighter cars, i think they are better suited to these heavier newer cars

toyo proxies all the way for me please

Toyo Proxes are utter pants. I run a set on the front of my 2.0 16v, having swapped over to them from Uniroyal Rainsport 1's. Used to the handling of the Rainsports, on a slightly damp day I went fairly briskly into a sweeping left hander one day and almost shat myself as the car tried to understeer off the road. I can't wait for them to be worn out so I can ditch them.

They're great in dry conditions but hopeless (bordering on dangerous) after even the lightest shower.

I'm never going to buy Toyo's Proxes again. Every time I've had a slightly hairy moment it's been because of them!

hmm interesting what you say about the toyos ...i cant fault them in the dry - loads of grip and loads of feedback

but on the other hand i never push the vr in the wet (as the tyres are stretched so i don't see the point)

although i do boot the mk4 20vt in the wet and grips well with toyos

Toyo Proxes are utter pants. I run a set on the front of my 2.0 16v, having swapped over to them from Uniroyal Rainsport 1's. Used to the handling of the Rainsports, on a slightly damp day I went fairly briskly into a sweeping left hander one day and almost shat myself as the car tried to understeer off the road. I can't wait for them to be worn out so I can ditch them.

They're great in dry conditions but hopeless (bordering on dangerous) after even the lightest shower.

I'm never going to buy Toyo's Proxes again. Every time I've had a slightly hairy moment it's been because of them!

Really? I rated them a lot in the wet... although that was standing-water-wet and not just greasy damp road wet

havent read the whole thread, but i'll share a quote from my well trusted tyre fitter when i asked him about Fulruns...

"I wouldn't wipe my arse with them. In fact, I wouldnt even fit them to my worst enemies car, they are THAT bad"

Yeah that's exactly what I found on mine Jim and you know how much money and time is invested in my car, so it ain't the car that's at fault, or my driving :D

Like you, I was just taking a roundabout or corner at the usual speeds I would on other tyres, but found the T1-Rs slipped and skidded from underneath me unbelievably easily! Almost as bad as a 90s Yokohama.

I dunno mate. Maybe my chassis is tuned to the point of being too picky with tyres because there's so little give in anything? :shrug: A lot of people really rate the Toyos so I dunno really. I know my mate's Dad's old 911 was incredibly fussy with rubber. The wrong choice of tyre completely ruined the car.

T1-S I have zero time for, the only tyre that caused my Mk1 to slide backwards down a slope one winter, when a poxy XR3i in front got up the ramp no trouble on budget tyres :censored: :lol: