Sign in to follow this  
carrots

mot advisory list

hi just got my corrado mot,advisory list tho is both inner wing brake pipes slightly corroded,strut top has slight movement.both rear trailing arm bushes deteriorated but no play,both rear bearings have slight play,front centre exhaust slightly deteriorated,engine oil leak and last of all suspension joint dust cover split :( :( :( .its not good but i suppose it is 20 years old

Thats not much to worry about, get your rear bearing nipped up, easy enough. Everything else is an observational thing, not really a major problem. Show me any old corrado without a slight engine oil leak, just give her a wipe over next year before she goes in. If it were a real problem they would have failed it. Obviously you might want to sort the brake pipes, test centres can be so hit and miss though. .

I'd have a good look at all the problems first - brake pipes may clean up ok and it's very common for MOT places to advise on wheel bearings as they are the old taper style and some mechanics don't realise they need to have play to allow for heat expansion, same goes for top mounts.

I'd say the axle bushes may be the most important ones to look at - if an MOT place says they look deteriorated then they are probably shot to bits!

the bearings should be fine i only fitted them about 7 month ago,most prob just beded in and need adjustment.been told to put them poly bushes in the axle,ive seen um on ebay