Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

corrado sunroof mod

heres a mod I got a top tip for in the golf mag,a passat mk3 glass tilt n slide sunroof is a straight swap into a corrado,it certainly brightens up the dull interior,the sliding trim is also a match to the corrado roof lining

EDIT: pictures obviously no longer being hosted so i've removed the red 'x's. VR6

Damn, that would be sweeeet.

Whats the costs gonna be like though?

Would lurve a proper sunroof.

First car had a glass sunroof, and my second car, erm, didn't have a roof... 8)

And my C is my 3rd car.

I paid £50 for mine without the motor,if your sunroof packs up always look for a passat one anyway as they are cheaper and easier to find, but the same part apart from the glass roof

Hi,

I bought my G60 a little over 2 weeks ago and the one thing that is wrong with it is the Sunroof only tilts and does not retract. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix or would I be better off finding a passat one as mentioned :?:

They all do that sooner or later try the Corrado Club of America website they have a lot of good information on how to repair sunroofs,its something to do with the rockers in the sliding tracks.Try there first and see.

I got one from a scrappie, for £10. :p

Just had to strip the stuff out myself.

You need to find a Passat in around a 1995 vintage. Either take just the glass piece. Or if you've got the time take down the headling & remove the entire frame & motor. It'll all fit in a Corrado, although you don't strictly need the motor as your old one will work just fine.

Biggest gotcha's, be bloody carefull fitting as its easy to bend the sliding rails.

Get the runners & glass absolutly straight, otherwsie they'll foul on the roof. Thus the glass would scrath & break.

Insepect the sunroof seal, if it torn, worn or otherwise crap, you'll need to replace & this is a complete B**ch. Plus it'll cost £30 just for a seal. :evil:

Hi,

I bought my G60 a little over 2 weeks ago and the one thing that is wrong with it is the Sunroof only tilts and does not retract. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix or would I be better off finding a passat one as mentioned :?:

Bought a 1.8 16V with exactly the same problem. Does the roof try to move, with the back dropping down, but then stopping witha clunk? If so. U can fix it quite easily. There are two silver rockers, one on each side, on one end of the rockers there are rubber bumpers. These bumpers wear out. I cut out bits on bike innertube - made holes in the centre of each bit and pushed them over the end of the rockers. This has the effect of stopping the rockers from springing so far when the roof is in the forward position.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi

Managed to source a glass passat s/r from volks-apart and will be attemping to fit it soon. I have removed a s/r from my old corrado and it was a straight forward enough task and I would have thought that fitting the passat job would be a simple case of dropping the complete unit in, connecting the motor a then ensuring that everything was adjusted and moving freely. But all the posts I have read (including a massive technical effort from CCUSA) makes the job look a lot scarier than that. Where are the pitfalls before I bodge it!!!!

:shock: TIA

just a quick note on the above mod,check the number of wires on the motor,as the earlier motors(3 wires) dont fit the later frame

Guys,

dont you find there is somethign quality about a steel roof?

I much prefer it, and find the car looks better with it as it doesnt interupt the colour of the roof and emphasizes the lines.

I would change to a glass roof if you paid me the costs of doing it and did it for me.

Must say I am concerned about my mechanism going, but then I never use the roof anyway. This is the first electric sunroof I have had, and certainly the first tilt and slide, its quite a novelty but all I can see myself doing is tilting at most.

My has a pirhana alarm which closes the windows. Is the standard car equipped with total closure or has mine just been fitted with after market window lifters, because the alarm doesnt close the roof. I could test this, but I have sent the car away to have the supercharger redone and a whole list of other things. (thanks pd!).

I have just fitted an early mk3 VR glass sun roof in my C and it appears to be working fine. Can anyone tell me if im goin to have problems, the 2 sunroofs are identical. I bought the full unit for 30 quid, what a bargain. cheers