Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

SORN

tempted to SORN the corrado for six month over the winter.... have always taxed it but never used it. The sensible thing is to SORN over winter and save the money especially when 12 months is now £205 and i won't use the rado until spring now.

I assume by SORN you don't put any black marks against your car history ????

How easy is it to tax the car again if i suddenly decide i want to use the rado.. It says i can do it online.... but can i use the vehicle as soon as i've bought tax online or at the P/O or do i have to wait a few week before they sort the documents out again.....

the car live's in a garage so no problems about keeping it off a public road. and I can drive the car 100 metres before i hit a public road so i can keep things moving over winter.

are their any other pitfall i should be aware off ??

TIA

provided your insurance is on the database and it has a valid mot you can do it instantly. just print off the reciept when you pay for the tax and then you can drive it.

no marks against your car for being sorn as far as im aware. mine was sorned last winter and all was good.

The cars always insured... I assume i can drive the car to the MOT station when SORN as long as i have an appointment booked. as the MOT will run out just after xmas

no worries there mate i do it aswell [anal hate me c gettin wet n covered in salt :lol: ] you get a reference no so you can retax when you want ,would do it at post office though so you have tax disc on your c straight away .no black marks on you either