Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

Door lock pin dumb question, help!!

Ive just got some new door lock pins (the ones the door mechanism latch onto when you shut the door) anyway undid the nut and it felt like the captive nut that the bolt screws in to was loose is that right ??

Once i take it all the way out the captive nut isnt going to drop into the door is it?

Ended up tightening it up as didnt want to be able not to shut the door wimp lol!!

Cheers

Jon

not sure as its something i havnt changed, but would assume it to be some sort of cage nut so it cant fook off (if it doesnt screw into the pillar that is)

do you not own a magnet on the end of a rod (dont know the real name for this tool, magnetic rod maybe :lol: )? stick it behind when you unscrew the pin and fingers crossed.

free bump as someone else may be more helpful.

Ive just got some new door lock pins (the ones the door mechanism latch onto when you shut the door) anyway undid the nut and it felt like the captive nut that the bolt screws in to was loose is that right ??

Once i take it all the way out the captive nut isnt going to drop into the door is it?

Ended up tightening it up as didnt want to be able not to shut the door wimp lol!!

Cheers

Jon

Hi Mate,

The nut is in a captive cage so it will not fall out unless it's rusted through :lol: there is a fair bit of adjustment so it looks as if it'll fall away but it wont :salute:

Nice cheers Paul took an age to get it to move so i was like i must have broke summet :lol:

Ill get them fitted tomorrow then cheers mate

No problem, have fun lining them up correctly. The okey kokey springs to mind in out in out :lol:

No problem, have fun lining them up correctly. The okey kokey springs to mind in out in out :lol:

Haha will do mate just as long as the door opens and closes by the time Ive finished i will be happy :D used loads of rust penetration the nut is nearly round after i had finished with it small job turns into a time consuming job lol

Yeah made me feel a bit sick with it rounding off a bit when i did mine! thought they'd be on forever but luckily they moved! Phew!

Just changed mine too, took a few attempts to get the doors adjusted properly but really pleased with the end result!!

Ian.

Just changed mine too, took a few attempts to get the doors adjusted properly but really pleased with the end result!!

Ian.

Im going to mark up where the original one sits and then fingers crossed get the new one it sit in the same place :D Bolts you sent look great mate 5 minute job and was done :D

Would like to resurrect this thread as just wondered what the white 'plastic wraps' :scratch: are called that surround the shaft of these pins, as mine are worn and could do with being replaced. :| Any ideas? Cheers, Chris.

Would like to resurrect this thread as just wondered what the white 'plastic wraps' :scratch: are called that surround the shaft of these pins, as mine are worn and could do with being replaced. :| Any ideas? Cheers, Chris.

Pretty sure you can't get them on their own. The whole pin is only about £3.

Pretty sure you can't get them on their own. The whole pin is only about £3.

Yeah just buy new mate

Yeah just go in and they will order them for you usually if you order them before 3.30pm they will arrive next day at 9.00am