Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Bearing replacement service

I now have a 20t hydraulic press and some spare vr6 hubs. I know what a chew it can be for people who don't have access to a press or the extra transport to take their hubs off and get them done so I was wondering if I could help out Corrado and golf owners by doing hub carriers with new bearings (and hubs if need be) on and exchange basis?

I realise postage ain't cheap but it's so much easier to just swap in another set if ready done hub carriers if you've only got a day to fix your car.

Let me know your thoughts.

Yeah definitely a top idea. Good of you to volunteer this service Paul! :salute:

All the what I call "heavy metal stuff" needing workshops can be a pain in the arse for the home enthusiast with a modest tool collection, such as front bearings, tyre replacements, bush removal / replacement etc etc. So this is a real help!

All the what I call "heavy metal stuff" needing workshops can be a pain in the arse for the home enthusiast with a modest tool collection, such as front bearings, tyre replacements, bush removal / replacement etc etc. So this is a real help!

Yep, god bless Geoffy boy for letting me use his workshop now :notworthy:

This is indeed a good idea! 8)

Would be even better if you offered a blasting / painting of the hub carrier too... I'm sure half the ABS sensor issues reported on here are caused by flakes of rust.