Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Underbody / wheel arch cleaning made easy

Decided to clean the arches and underbody of the BMW this afternoon - usually a painful, messy business but this time it was very different

Used Bilt Hamber Surfex surface degreaser - all I can say is wow. Sprayed on and left for a couple of minutes, re-sprayed and this time agitated gently and left for another couple of minutes then pressure washed off - job done.

Cheap at £14 for 5 litres and can be diluted down massively, I used 1 part Surfex to 3 parts water today

Knocks spots off every degreaser I have ever used - all four arches and floorpan cleaned of 12 years of dirt in under two hours

What does the run off degreaser / water do to the surface you are working on?

I know you have block paving. Any idea the effect on a tarmac drive?

(Though there is a hot pressurer washer place down the road from us with big soak away drains... I think when I eventually give the 8v the clean it needs underneath I'll be going there to get the worst off)

Judith

The work was done on block paving and it just rinsed away no problems at all - I'd heard people rave about this stuff but didn't think it could possibly as good as people were saying - I was wrong :D

Cheers. Will look into getting some as Kip has years of road dirt to remove from under the nugget too.

yep, the bilt hamber degreaser is up there with the best of them!

have you seen the under body lances for the pressure washer?

Big Ben - got one of those underbody lances - worth their weight in gold, makes cleaning the floorpan so much easier