Sign in to follow this  
Album56

Identify this plastic item on G60

Can anyone tell me what the yellow plastic item is downstream of the ISV that sits between the ISV & the boost return pipe, it has a very small bore pipe with a blue line on it that loops out & back?? I am investigating why my hot idle is a bit erratic 850-1000rpm, & while I had the ISV off which incidentally looks clean & tests ok with multimeter wondered what the yellow & black plastic item is? If its a valve then its not working very well as I could suck & blow air thro it.

Help please

Dunno, there should be nothing there on a stock car. Pics would be very helpful in diagnosis too.

It could be an ISV restrictor designed to stop the boost from going to boost return via the ISV above 5800 rpm (engine is designed to do that).

Would love to upload 2 pictures I have taken but get message "invalid file type" , files are 2mb JPGs, checked FAQs but no obvious reason for this problem, I have uploaded images before without problem.

Could be a file size issue - this forum doesn't like too big image files. From your description it definately isn't a factor fit part.

Would love to upload 2 pictures I have taken but get message "invalid file type" , files are 2mb JPGs, checked FAQs but no obvious reason for this problem, I have uploaded images before without problem.

Try re-sizing the images to no more than 1024x768.

<a href=2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMG_0239.JPG[/attachment:ks4wzwot]' alt='attachment:ks4wzwot]'>IMG_0238.JPG[/attachment:ks4wzwot]

See the yellow & black plastic "valve" right behind the cam cover breather in the pipe from ISV to boost return, it does look like the same "valve" as the the one that can be seen to the brake servo pipe?? If its only susposed to let air flow one way then its busted & I'll be poping along to the dealers again. Strange that other G60s havent got this, I'm certain that the car hasnt been modified in any way since leaving the factory & is completely stock.

Mick

That is really weird - looks like someone might have had a 1 way check valve in there, taken it out and nueeded to fill the gap with something. That hose should be one piece end to end. You can just replace it with 19mm ID hose from halfords to see whether it effects your idle.

That is really weird - looks like someone might have had a 1 way check valve in there, taken it out and nueeded to fill the gap with something. That hose should be one piece end to end. You can just replace it with 19mm ID hose from halfords to see whether it effects your idle.

It is the one-way restrictor valve designed to hold brake pressure vacuum in the servo, looks like someone has fitted it to prevent the ISV from doing what I said earlier (bleeding boost back to return as the engine approaches the redline).

You can easily take it out though (and I would), original hose is still available from VW too, but I have no idea of price right now as I am front of the wrong PC.