nemesis360

DG Autotech - Uprated headlight looms - First batch sold out

*First batch sold out please add your name down to reserve for the next batch*

Hi everyone just thought Id let you know about some of our new products :)

If you drive an early VW Golf or Corrado you'll know just how bad the headlights can be....... except it's actually the size of the wiring to the headlights that's the problem. DG Autotech have just developed a new product that cures this problem in an ultra reliable fit and forget way.

Using OE fully water tight connectors and IP68 sealed relays mounted in an IP65 enclosure, we think this is the best solution available today.

dsc04525.jpg

dsc04541.jpg

4 x Independent relay contacts rated at 30A each. Sealed to IP68.

Extruded aluminium enclosure finished in anodised red. Sealed to IP65.

2 x 20mm cable entry glands. Sealed to IP65.

2 x Independent fused supply circuits mounted inside the enclosure.

All cables fully protected with flexible and chemical resistant nylon sleeve.

Relay box mounts neatly in front of the vehicle battery.

Available for Golf 1 & 2 & Corrado.

The price is £99 plus postage

For more information contact [email protected] or call us on 01299 253373

Reserve list for the second batch

V-dubstar aka Crusty Chris

Cazza VR aka Andy

KipVW aka Paul

ridlymaca

volksworld13

sandman3082

Next time I'm on my way to Bristol I really must get one fitted to the 8v.

Winter is coming and driving 200 miles early morning / late evening is tiring enough without not being able to see.

How much fitted too please :)

How much fitted too please :)

Fitting is free...as long as you swing by DG towers :D

Ooooh. Now that does sound good.

(I've just bee out to take picks of the '3rd' headlight screw and had a good close up look at my lenses.

They are shocking..... think I'll be fitting my old VR ones before winter comes too)

Most definately the best uprated loom Ive ever seen!

They have a policy of doing things well and sympathetically.. no bodging or chopping up of perfectly good parts. :)

I have one of these fitted to my VR6, in fact the picture above (and on the DG website) is of it fitted to my car. Really impressive bit of kit this, I watched Dave make it and the quality of components, care and attention that goes into the assembly is astonishing for the price.

One nice touch is that unlike other looms this one can be removed easily and you can revert to the orignal wiring (if you would ever want to).

Superb quality, superb price and the difference is amazing. A massive improvement.

Thanks again DG!!

well worth the money IMO, I built a near identical setup myself years ago,

(1) it takes ages to do the construction job thoroughly

(2) it's operated faultlessley for 10 years (unlike unprotected relays a lot of people fit)

(3) if you do ever get a sticking relay, the multiple relays mean you'll only lose one side whether on dip on main.

Just trial fitted one of these looms to my VR this evening, really, really surprised how much better the lights are with it. Looks to b e a very nice bit of kit. Will be completing the install this week.

Cheers Guys!

It looked like a real quality piece of kit when we were looking at it yesterday. Will get one when I've saved enough :)

Do these uprate dipped and main/full beam? And where are you based? Close to Bristol?

Thanks.

I was thinking of building my own loom but last night i stumbled across the DG website and I think a trip down to Kidder is in order despite it being a 123 mile trip. I desparatly need an upgrade to my headlights and this sounds like an awesome product and the quality looks fantastic!!.. Heard great reviews about DG and not being much of a spark myself, i quite fancy the idea of you guys supplying and fitting..

Hope to see you soon for my upgrade.

I was thinking of building my own loom but last night i stumbled across the DG website and I think a trip down to Kidder is in order despite it being a 123 mile trip. I desparatly need an upgrade to my headlights and this sounds like an awesome product and the quality looks fantastic!!.. Heard great reviews about DG and not being much of a spark myself, i quite fancy the idea of you guys supplying and fitting..

Hope to see you soon for my upgrade.

I do hear good things, If you fancy making your own though there is this chap who could point you in the right direction

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=74542

I do hear good things, If you fancy making your own though there is this chap who could point you in the right direction

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=74542

Thanks. I did read that thread along with many others that concern the upgrade. I will email him and find out more but i do like the look of that rather sexy looking relay box and the attention to detail on the loom...

does anyone already have one from DG?? would appreciate any feedback.

lots of choices 2 relay or 3......decisions decisions :eek:

Been trying to get comparison videos / pics together but they really don't do the results justice! I'd post pics of my valver before and after but the reflectors aren't great so not really a fair display. The lights on my valver actually go off between dip and main bean :lol: when standard, but even with bad reflectors the lights are now really good. I'll get one on the VR, that should really show the difference.

As with any uprated loom, getting ~14v at the lamps is the key and in our testing we get full alternator charge volts at the lamps. This gives a white light rather than the yellow that most Corrado stock light give.

The other main difference is the immersion proof relays and extruded alloy enclosure. It is touchy feely :lol: